cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 44

Re: NOW TV - buffering issues

They Bt do not seem very active in find a solution ! Just miss selling a product that is not working correctly ! 

0 Ratings
kpjuk
Beginner
Message 32 of 44

Hi Guys,

I had the buffering issues, but the last upgrade sorted mine out. It might be an idea to check for the latest firmware update, install it if needed then reboot your box and check again.

Good Luck.

KPJ-UK

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 44

Bt checked out the other night said everything is as should ! But just mentioned the issue of buffering was in hand ! Been in hand for long time ! 

0 Ratings
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 44

Hi are you still having these problems? I am same as you and have been for some time now.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 44

I have had no changes! I do not watch Now through bT tv box ! I have down loaded the Now  App on to my Apple TV box and it is fine !

Bt are fully aware of the buffering issue but they seem not want to solve ! They miss selling Now Entertainment knowing of this issue ! 

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 44

I thought so not happy at all. Our only hope is waiting for new TV box to come out. However, I think they should compensate those who are affected. Thanks

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 44

New box will not sort it ! It the application of the Now App on the TV box ! The are full aware of this issue it has been hanging around BT tv for over 9 months now ! Yes totally agree they should not more or less under new contracts forcing Now Tv on you ! 

0 Ratings
Neilos_7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 44

I have the same issue. Every film off Sky Cinema I try to watch on demand through the 4K BT box freezes at some stage during the film.  I now watch Now TV through my LG Smart Tv app instead and don’t get any problems at all.

So it’s not an internet issue it’s the BT box at fault but BT are not fixing it.  

Tried watching Pursuit of Happyness through the BT box tonight and it froze twice in 30 minutes.  Switched to watching through my LG Smart Tv and it didn’t freeze at all.

The BT Box is not fit for purpose!!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 44

Bt are full aware of the issue ! If you bought this in a shop you would return it and ask for your money back ! It is a Now TV app issue! I have no problem watching Now TV on my Samsung Smart tv ! 

kipper1954
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 44

Until reading these threads I thought I was one of only a few suffering these buffering issues with the Now TV app on BT Youview boxes, but it seems there are quite a few of us. A guy from BT said back last summer that they were aware of the problem and would advise when they had a fix. We are still waiting and think it should have been resolved well before now. To make matters worse not only do BT charge me £5 a month for their HD side of things, but Now TV charge an extra £3 a month if you want their channels in HD. Bit of a rip off to say the least!
0 Ratings