cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

NOW TV settings

Hi

Things are never simple!  I am just freshly set up with a BT TV subscription  - 3 days.

I am not using the box at the moment, just my laptop.

I managed to get Netflix working fine. So far, everything seems fine there.

I then moved on to get Now TV working. I am finding a lot of the choices made by NOW TV to allow customers to watch the content paid for is lamentable.

1.  First thing: I watched a programme part way through and suddenly,  I get a full screen grayish colour, with nothing at all except a box in the middle saying to 'hop over' to Now TV web site.  Being rather late, I thought I would continue the next day.  Now, I needed to shut down my computer but, the NOW TV folks thought it a good idea to leave a gray fullscreen that would not respond to amy mouse or keyboard events.  I had hard shut down my computer to get out of it.  (this whole train of events happened again yesterday - I do not have the patience to test NOW TV software for bugs so haven't bothered with it today.

2 The second thing:  I decided to Manage my  Account.  Straight away I was welcomed as

Welcome, L!

well, my name isn't L!, so further down the page, there was a 'Manage your Payment & Parental PINs, and reset your password.' so maybe I could edit my name there -  no chance! - all I got was a continuous repeating page load.

So, so far, it seems I can browse and select items to add to my list for watching, watch part of them and have to hard reset my computer each time.

Bear in mind, with regard to the issues with NOW TV, I haven't really tries many times to see if it is an 'always' or a 'sometimes' issue.

Maybe I am wrong, but I believe from what I read elsewhere that NOW TV are 'introducing adverts' (I saw a few).  The thin edge of the wedge there then.

BT should check into this as it could end up as a deal breaker for some (me included)

The BT TV part of the software 'seems' to be working - once I found where to get anything that doesn't need a credit card.  Haven't tested much yet.

I still don't understand the AMC part of the package yet.  Starts at 5PM, yet there seems to be some on demand stuff as well.

Am I the only one with a poor opinion of the NOW TV offering?

Regards from Livingston, Scotland
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: NOW TV settings

Hi

Well, after evaluating the BT TV offering, I have today cancelled.  The NOW TV faults are beyond anything I can accept. The BT part of the pckage is geared towards selling content and is of no use to me.  I find the AMC part of the package to be cumbersome and of dubious value to me. The ONLY part of the package to be smooth and extremely well designed is Netflix which I will re-subscribe to once the BT TV cancellation has completed.

Even at what I assume is a cut price deal, the BT TV package is not worth the cost to me.

Regards from Livingston, Scotland
0 Ratings