cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

NOW vs Program guide issues

Hi all,

I'm having issues with NOW in the program guide and blurry pictures.

For example; if I watch Sky News in the program guide the scrolling text at the bottom remains slightly blurry and grey, however if I launch the same channel within the NOW app after a few seconds it corrects itself and becomes black and not pixelated - any ideas why I'm having this issue?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: NOW vs Program guide issues

What definition are you watching in and what speeds do you get?

The app negotiates a speed with your TV and may start in low bandwidth (causing the blur) but adapts to your connection speed (the blur clears).

The BT box works in a different way (hence the difference between the two viewing experiences), I can only  think that your speeds are a bit on the slow side for multicasting.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

I guess you are selecting the HD stream from the guide and not the SD one. You need channel 385.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

im using the non HD NOW channels
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

my connection is around 60mps and the
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

@l0586wrote:
my connection is around 60mps and the

60 Nb/s is easily fast enough providing that is the speed you are actually getting (as opposed to what you are paying for).

How is the BT box connected to your router? that could also be the cause of the problem if by any means other than direct through an ethernet cable

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

It’s connected via wifi. The NOW channels work fine through the NOW app on bothmy Apple TV, and the BT TV Pro Box it’s just watching through the program guide where the quality suffers. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

So you are using an SD channel, it will not be so clear.  Try channel 385.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

One thing to be aware of if you're comparing like for like. I believe the SD version of Now via the EPG is 720x576. The Now app is HD 1280x720 as standard. And full HD on both is 1920x1080. That's the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

I think you may have just answered your own question.

I know wi-fi is more convenient but if you want to get to the bottom of the problem then I suggest you do whatever is necessary to link via ethernet even if only temporary.

I take it you have the Pro box, look through this community, there are a number of posts concerning the wi-fi capabilities of this box.

0 Ratings