cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeds55
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Navigating recordings: starting at specified position

I've recently switched YouView boxes so I now have the smaller, sleeker one rather than the rectangular-fronted Humax one, and am trying to work out a few interface quirks.  On the old box, it was possible from the recordings screen to use the number keys as a way of specifying the number of minutes from which playback should start (i.e. if a 2 hour program is selected, one could input 90 to watch the last half hour).  This doesn't seem to be possible with the new box: does anyone know whether I'm missing anything please?  Perhaps I haven't found the correct view at which to start playback in this fashion?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Navigating recordings: starting at specified position

It's nothing to do with the box other than it has the new Youview software - NextGen - installed, which unfortunately is lacking quite a bit of the original versions functionality. Some of these omissions will return in future updates but there's no definitive list of these or any timescales.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

This particular loss of functionality is the biggy as far as I am concerned.
0 Ratings
leeds55
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Tim.  I guess they rewrote from scratch then.  Along with this loss of functionality, the fact that the box needs to be powered on (at least in low power state) to enable RF passthrough makes this a distinct downgrade for me.  Looking forward to updates...

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

A passive aerial splitter may solve the RF pass-through issue for you.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@gomezz wrote:
A passive aerial splitter may solve the RF pass-through issue for you.

That's exactly the way I do it with my 2 boxes.

0 Ratings