Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LizzieDripping
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Navigating recordings

Go to solution

Hi, just moved from Sky to BT TV and hoping to find all the same, or equal, functions. One that’s really helpful on Sky is being able to navigate to a specific time in a recording, eg 60 mins into a 2 hour recording. Can’t figure out how to do it on this box. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Navigating recordings

Go to solution

Hi @LizzieDripping, no it isn't possible. It used to be but has been removed in an update apparently, it wasn't a function I ever used when I had Sky so I don't miss it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@LizzieDripping 

The feature you refer to was very useful but when the software was totally rewritten this was left out. That was over 2 years ago now and has repeatedly been requested for re-instatement but as yet nothing has been done and the chances of it coming are remote unfortunately.

I'd say that of the features left out during the rewrite this is the one most requested but Youview/BT/TalkTalk would rather give us what they want us to have rather than the stuff that we the users want.

A very poor show really.:(

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

And what makes it worse is the bug when fast-forwarding / rewinding internet channel recordings (does not affect Freeview channel recordings) that cause total loss of sound not only on that recording but on every other recordong and live TV and catch up services. Needs a power-cycle to restore the sound which may not be practical if you have an active recording in progress. 😞

Which means you are left with the slow, tedious process of skipping a minute at a time to get close to where you want to be.  Especially not fun if you are skipping through a multi-hour recording typical of live sports coverage.

LizzieDripping
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies. That’s quite disappointing but at least I won’t keep trying to find it now I know it’s not there!

0 Ratings