cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Netflix - Occasional black screen

Every once in a while when I try to play Netflix content the playback will start and the audio will play normally, but the screen is totally black.  Worth mentioning that all the menus display normally, it is only when I actually try and play something that issue occurs.   

It's happened about three times since I've had the box, so I'd estimate it happens about once per month.  The only way to resolve this is to reboot the box.  No amount of stopping and replaying the content will fix it. 

Anyone else get similar?  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Elviskelly
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Netflix - Occasional black screen

Yep another annoying bug that keeps happening to me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Happens on lots of different devices with Netflix, happens on my Fire TV too.

Fix is to restart or sign out and back in again.
0 Ratings
buckmelanoma
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Signing out and back in doesn't always fix it - I had had that work, but the black screen appears almost every time I use Netflix on the BT box (maybe 3/4 times a week) and it's not a guaranteed fix.

I've also tried restarting Netflix from the help menu and just exiting the application and starting again - had mixed success with both.

I called the Netflix people and they hadn't heard of that error - all they could do was suggest turning the box off and on again, but sod doing that every time I want to watch Netflix.

I'd add to the original post here that when I hit the fast forward/cue button, I can see thumbnail images of what I should be seeing, but as soon as I hit play again, it's a black screen with just audio.

Can anyone add anything?

0 Ratings
Livkiwi
Message 5 of 5

I'm having the same issue. It's driving me up the wall! Wondering if I have a dud you view box? Want it sorted!
0 Ratings