cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Netflix in 4k on New BT Pro Box

Go to solution

Hi,

I have just received the new bt tv box and I don’t seem to be able to view any Netflix shows in 4k, only hdr?

I know the previous box did not support hdr but did 4k and that is what it used to display in the info part of the programme, I have got a friend to check with his skyq Netflix app and it says on the film red notice for example 4k hdr,

but on my bt box it says hdr only, if anyone has any ideas would appreciate it :).

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Netflix in 4k on New BT Pro Box

Go to solution

Hi @dnewitt1  Assuming you have the right NETFLIX subscription ie Premium then it could be that the Netflix app  believes you have insufficient speed to play 4K and therefore  isn’t giving you the option.  Who  or what else is using your bandwidth , Is for example the BT Tv Box Pro tuned into BT TV channels  , is your old box still connected to the internet and being used.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 ,

I think I remember seeing you on here when I first joined back in 2010 🙂 (time goes to quick) 

apologies not been on here much as had no need,

but yes have Netflix premium and never had this issue before, in fact now my download (55+mbps)and upload speeds (13mbps) are faster than ever since bt upgraded me to a better package, and bandwidth is no more than it has been previously, 

I still have the old bt 4k box which when I plug in to same tv (Philips)receives Netflix 4k no problem but obviously not hdr,

out of interest do you have Netflix? If so do you get the 4k or hdr info for you when looking at programmes on there? 

many thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Yes @dnewitt1  Where appropriate eg RED NOTICE it is shown as 4K HDR on the BT Box Pro  NETFLIX player.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@dnewitt1  Probably worth restarting your BT Box  and switch to a Freeview channel  before opening  NETFLIX again to see if it gives you the 4K HDR in the NETFLIX.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks @zulu17 , will give that a try and feedback result.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 

@so I reset my box, and unfortunately still not receiving 4k on Netflix, only hdr,I also logged into my Amazon prime video on the new box and only see the hdr option on there and not 4k?

I unplugged the new box and plugged in my old bt uhd box and receive 4k option straight away on both prime and Netflix, but soon as I swap to the new bt pro box it doesn’t show 4k.

although I can watch bt sport ultimate which I guess would not play if I could not receive 4k anymore? Or could it but just downscale it to hd?

any advice greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @dnewitt1  are you using the BT Box Pro  with an WiFi or  wired ethernet cable connection. If Wi-Fi is it any different  if you use the cable connection you were using previously with the  T4000 box ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @dnewitt1  i had a quick look this morning and think I can see what you are experiencing.

I think it occurs due to the BOx Pro Picture &Sound HDMI Display setting.  So my impression is that the box output HDMI setting appears to be used rather than the Box own  receiver capabilities by the  box apps in detailing what quality the NETFLIX content etc is available in , so you see HDR but not 4K HDR listed if your box HDMI setting is not set to a HDMI display.

what is the setting you are using ?

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

You got it @zulu17  🙂

I had it set to hdmi 10bit, and as soon as I changed it back to hdmi 8bit it now shows 4k hdr on both Netflix and prime video, 

Just shows don’t change any settings        If Your unsure what they do,

I wondered what the 10bit hdmi option did assuming it would improve something by the higher number not realising it would remove 4k on apps and bt sport ultimate.

Thanks very much for your help fixing this issue.

0 Ratings