cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greylady
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Netflix offer with Youview+

I have received an email and postal offer from BT saying that I can get Netflix at no extra charge and a free Youview+ box.  I logged in to my BT account to make the order and it says it is imcompatible with my current TV unlimited package and that I have to have TV Essential.  This seems like it is downgrading my package and then BT on demand is basic and I will have to pay to view TV shows.  Also will it be the new Youview+ box or the big old chunky one.  Can anyone explain this offer to me.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Netflix offer with Youview+

I also got the same sort of offer thought the post last Saturday but as I can already use Neflix via my sisters Netflix account I never bothered with the offer.

Also I just renewed all my BT contracts plus TV last Thurday.

BT TV enternenment package I have plus the HD extra bolt on and The BT fiml/box set bolt on.

I used to also have the BT music bolt on but I cancaled that last week when I renewed my BT contracts.

Darren

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

The Unlimited pack is no longer available and is now the Entertainment pack so you'll have to change to it to get any of the latest offerings.

0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I had the same offer and ordered Netflix on 29 Jan.  BT say they cannot process the order - why?  They cannot give me an answer, nor can they tell me why I cannot get the BT security package (my account tells me that I do not have Broadband.  That's funny because I have Youview, TV onDemand, Entertainment pckage and Infinity 2 running at a steady 63/4 Mbps.  Must be a figment of my imagination for the last 2 years!

Ho Hum!

0 Ratings
Gorgatron
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Greylady, I'm curious to know if you ordered this package and if BT actually supplied what they offered?  I too received the same offer by post, then ordered it on Saturday 31st January.

Unfortunately it's been a full catalogue of disasters since then.  BT seemingly cannot get ANYTHING right.  I simply wanted the forementioned offer and, when discussing ways to reduce my monthly bill, chose to remove the Music On Demand add-on.  After nine days and numerous calls/chat sessions/emails, I've received the incorrect viewing box (twice!) - once without a remote control - and had my calling plans doctored without my knowledge, resulting in my monthly bill actually being increased!!!

I'm still having to use my old BT Vision box, and have been without HD channels and subscribed On Demand content for a week.

The only thing that I've actually benefitted from is Netflix.  However, after having to contact Netflix directly to resolve the incorrect email address supplied to them from BT, I can currently only access it from other platforms.

I'd actually have exactly the same current level of benefits if I'd not bothered contacting BT at all and instead signed up directly with Netflix.

To be honest, I don't know if BT have been lying to me or if their staff (or outsourced agents) don't have the training/knowledge/ability to supply what they offer to their customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 8

Hi Greylady,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry about the confusion caused here.  I would like to help sort this out for you.

Could you please drop me an email by completing the mods contact form.  Just click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods Contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Once we get your details we will confirm the offer and have the order placed if you so wish.

@dikul and  @Gorgatron I would like to help you folk out as well so please get an email off to us and we will be in touch to sort this out.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I know it's of no help to those of you having a problem with this offer but just to put a balance on this I ordered this package last Thursday, I was out of contract so renewed and left out the Music and Kids option as have never used them. I rang the number on the flyer. The first guy I spoke to had no knowledge of this offer and was unable to progress it but he transferred me to a very helpful lady who was aware. The Netflix cost is £5.99 but the the TV package was reduced from £12.50 to £2 for the 12months contract. A brand new Youview box arrived the next day and I had it all up and running within 30 minutes. Great service and great little box that responds much faster than the vision box.
0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi Sean, thanks for the kind offer, I should have posted this answer before today.  I stamped my feet and generally sulked at the nice Geordie lady on the phone and, after 58 minutes hanging on and listening to that awful electronic "music", she managed to get things sorted out.  Netflix was working a week ago and I like it.

I think the most frustrating thing was that the problem was not a Netflix or broadband technical pablem, but just 2 BT computer systems that refused to talk to eac h other!

Mike

0 Ratings