Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Netflix password

Go to solution

Hi All,

Quick question in regards to Netflix and the password you use. I had to give BT a new e-mail address other than the one I use for my account. 

The order has been completed and we should have access to Netflix however I am trying to login through a PC and I don't know my password. Is it the same as the BT one? do I need to set it on the youview box?

Sorry if it is a silly question but I can't find it anywhere to login.

Thanks

GF

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Netflix password

Go to solution

When you sign up with Netflix, it is they who send you your initial login credentials. At that point, you follow a link and have the opportunity to change your password. You'll probably need to search through your emails.

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

No I haven't had an e-mail I just get told this from BT

How to log in to Netflix on BT TV

Using your remote control, go to On Demand, then Players. Press up, then scroll right (all the way to the second screen) where you'll find the Netflix player. Select it and you'll see the welcome screen. Choose sign in, then enter your email address and Netflix password.

I assume that everyone who has ordered Netflix gets an e-mail in a matter of seconds? Or are you saying I need to sign up first with the e-mail I have provided BT?

GF

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I was an existing BT TV customer, so I had to add Netflix to my account using "My BT" > "My TV" > "Change your BT TV" > "Add to or change my TV"

BT then pass your Netflix access request to Netflix during the addition of the Netflix package. After your BT order is placed, you then get the emails from Netflix.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I am also an existing BT customer but can't order online as I have fibre to the home. SIGH - I ordered it over the phone and it looks like I never got an e-mail. Which means I have to spend another 30 mins on the phone to them.

Thanks for your help

GF

0 Ratings
Cameron
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

You say you had to give BT a new email, I take it you checked that account too?

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yes I checked the account too

0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

So it works out BT took down the wrong email address. Despite me spelling a number of times on the phone.

So I took to the phones with BT at 4pm and 5 calls lasting a total of 2 hours and 5 departments later found I had to phone Netflix with a code.

One Phonecall to Netflix answered in one minute lasting 2 minutes to sort the issue.

Maybe BT can get Netflix to take over there customer phone service :-).

Thanks for everyones help

GF

0 Ratings
DLH
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I am having huge issues with BT on this one. I ordered a week last Friday and BT are still struggling to tell netflix I have an account.  So far the I have been told to wait 24h on four separate occasions, they have been blaming other departments (not very professional), they phone me to ask if they can put me on hold which really irritates me, yesterday I had four phone calls from them, we have spoken to BT everyday taking a good half hour each time. They have even got me to call netflix twice as"the issue is not at our end" but it is, they have said "well it is a new product" if the processes aren't in place then don't launch it!

Thirteen days in, and you would have thought it would be resolved, but no, another 24-36h.  

0 Ratings