Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 97

Re: Netflix

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the posts and I am sorry that I have not yet posted confirmation of this exciting new addition coming to BT TV.

At the moment I don’t have any specific details on pricing with BT but this will be announced soon.  In the mean time you will see the Netflix player on YouView in the On Demand section.

I would like to reassure any new BT TV customers that if you buy YouView or YouView+ today, from BT, you will be ready to buy Netflix when it becomes available from BT. 

For Existing BT TV customers who want to order Netflix with BT, you will shortly be able to order Netflix on BT.com. 

Any BT TV customers who currently have a Netflix account can log in straightaway using current Netflix credentials. You can find help with this at the Netflix Help Centre on-line

We will post more details of the BT offerings soon.

Cheers

Sean

bilco99
Contributor
Message 12 of 97

If you haven't got a Netflix account, I did see on their splash screen that they are offering a free month which is maybe a way to try it before deciding whether to buy it from BT or not?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 13 of 97

I already use Netflix so there will be no need for me to sign up to any offer BT has with Netflix.

Do hope BT will be keeping there BT film and TV box sets bolt on for now as BT are showing some TV programmes that dont seem to be on Netflix just now.

Darren

0 Ratings
bdisco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 97

Can anyone confirm that Netflix through Youview will not count towards data usage limits for customers with a BT TV package? And will this be the case as of now, or only once BT's specific Netflix deals are announced and implemented?
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 15 of 97

Really so if its cheaper via BT you wont take up the offer?

I pay £5.99 for Netflix, if BT offer it cheaper then I will switch.

0 Ratings
bdisco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 97

Oh no, I'm referring to data usage until that point. I'm on the 20gb limit, and currently Netflix usage via my TV counts to that.

After that point I suppose it depends how long the tie in period is and whether it means an extension of contract. If not too harsh then I'd go via BT of course.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 17 of 97

If BT will be cheaper for Nextflix will they let you watch Nexflix on more than one device though with the BT offer. As I can the now also watch Netflix via my Samsung smart TV in my bedroom.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wato
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 97

just been on to bt , re netflix , and was told , we cannot pay for it monthly on bt bill , we have to get intouch with youview ??

the reson given , its not a bt service , its a youview service ,  is this right ???

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 97

That is totally incorrect.
We are waiting for BT to announce their pricing.
Stew

0 Ratings
wato
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 97

great arnt they , just been on again to bt , spoken to another person regarding netflix , she told me , it will be available from 9th november to be added to you bt bill 

0 Ratings