from 9th november bt told me
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 97

Re: Netflix

From the Youview community forum

Surround Sound

Please note, the Netflix player on YouView doesn't currently support surround sound.

HD Streaming Quality

YouView boxes support Netflix video at resolutions up to 1080p. For more information, see these two articles:

Netflix Features on BT YouView and Humax YouView set top boxes

Internet Connection Speed Recommendation

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 97

Splash screen just hangs when I try and launch it?

0 Ratings
bdisco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 97

Can anyone confirm that Netflix use via Youview is currently not counting towards data usage? Looking at my Usage Monitor I'm sceptical.

0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 97

If you watch Netflix as a direct subscriber then the usage will show on your account. The Netflix app is available to all upgraded boxes whether they have BT Broadband and services. I assume that when BT launch their Netflix bolt on with the bill on your BT account,mi would assume any broadband usage will be inclusive. That's if they ever launch the product! It's been nearly a week since the Netflix app was added with no sign of BT launching their Netflix bolt on.
0 Ratings
bdisco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 97

Which other Players within Youview does this also apply to? My understanding was that if I were to stream content from, say, BBC iPlayer through the Youview box, then as a TV customer this would not count toward my data allowance. I'm not sure why that principle would be any different for the Netflix app?

BT need to be clearer about their usage policy when new content becomes available via Youview.

0 Ratings
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 28 of 97

Netflix is on all humax youview boxes and not just BT it's not a.real extra BT service and so BT will have do better than that with putting out press as it them only to get the service. ..
We need more TV channels so BT is not a second class service as it looking like with talk talk....
0 Ratings
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 97

I agree with Digitaltvmad.

Its not much point in BT shouting about Netflix, as anyone with a Youview box can get this direct from Netflix.

The only advantage I can see is that if you buy it from BT, it will probably be included in your download allowance.

The fact that you can get it on your BT bill if you buy it from them would make no difference to me, unless it was cheaper to buy it from BT, which I doubt will be the case.

So come on BT, stop trying to kid everyone....just give us some more quality channels on BTTV!!

pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 97

And even their offering of Netflix is a mess. Launched after the app appears on a YouView boxes, Film/TV bolt on no longer available for new or existing customers, yet the content is still showing on the BT a Player! BT seen to go out of their way to complicate, confuse customers. It makes you wonder what their thought process and entertainment strategy is? Talk Talj may have a reputation for poor customer service but their entertainment arm knocks BT out of the ball park with content and how they launch their products. BT really test customers loyalty!