Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NobbyG
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Netflix

Hi enjoying my new You View a real upgrade on BT Vision.

Just wanted to know if anybodyelse has the same issue, where occassionally on Netflix it stops when watching a program and just whirls around at 25% and the only way to get around it is to turn the box off and then resume Netflix.  We are are using Adaptors but never had an issue before with losing connection.

Hope you can help.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ozsat
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Netflix

The 25% hang is actually widely reported across different platforms - TiVo get a lot and I've had it on a PS3.

It seems to be a Netflix server issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
kitty261
Message 3 of 7

I have had netflix for over two years. I never had a problem. It plays lovely on my kindle. If I try to watch it via bt, I constantly get the interruption and 25% message. I have to press back up and wait a few minutes before it will carry on. I am paying for the faster broadband but I am not getting the quality I deserve. It's a bit pants when watching a children's film when it stops every ten minutes. Kids get bored. Summer holidays are just days away. I guess they will have to hudle around my kindle 😞 ... and no one dare to try to explain it. I don't give a monkeys. Just want it fixed, that's all.

0 Ratings
NobbyG
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I am with you Kitty very infuriating, an answer from Mods as to why this happens would be cool.. Do you plug your you view box into router or do you use Powerline Adaptors.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 5 of 7

There is an identical thread in the TiVo forums  -  so the same problem on TiVo using VirginMedia as the ISP.

I've had the problem on my PS3.

Netflix seems to be the issue - not BT.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

I've seen this problem on my YouView+ box - I assume because the box is doing a lot at the same time.

The boxes do seem to benefit from being re-booted every few days.

I haven't seen this problem using the Netflix app built-in to my TV though.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 7 of 7

It is only certain apps that seem to have the issue - but the Apps come from Netflix.

0 Ratings