Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

New 4k HDR Youview box

Hello

Just had a perplexing call with the loyalty team as if like to upgrade to the new 4k HDR ready Youview box from BT.

To cut a long story short, the deal I'm currently on (which expires in December) can't get close to what I'm paying now.

I'm happy to commit for another two years and simply want the newer box for the HDR capability, but there seems to be no way to do it other than and I quote asking the "faults" team.

Similarly I don't want to buy a new box outright, I already pay £100 a month for all services from BT and I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

Is there an upgrade option?

Yours sincerely

Chris 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: New 4k HDR Youview box

The new box isn't available to anyone yet so it wouldn't matter who you speak to. When the box is available I am sure the options to get it will be made known but at the minute you will have to decide based on the fact that you won't be getting a different 'HDR' capable box for re-contracting. 

DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Many thanks for the reply

I was under the impression from the promotional material that the new box was out now.

Do you happen to know when it will be released?

Thanks again

Chris 

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

What promotional material are you referring to that mentions an HDR box?

0 Ratings
DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

0 Ratings
DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

So can a moderator clarify that a HDR 4k WiFi box is in the pipeline or not?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

It is well known that a new Wi-fi hdr box is in the pipeline. But being in the pipeline and being available are two very different things.

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Any more hints or rumours as to when this might be coming?

0 Ratings
Televue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I gave up waiting for this - was expecting it in March but like most BT launches will probably be a year late. Out of contract at the moment so was going to renew and get myself a new box together with a new mobile but the silence and delay from BT was too much so bought the phone myself.

Not convinced you are going to miss a lot to be honest. Apart from the odd live football match I'm not sure what else will be given the HDR treatment.
0 Ratings