Re: New BT TV Offerings

Five new channels

418 Comedy Central Extra

431 MTV Music

490 Lifetime

491 H2

542 Movies 24/7

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Cameron
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 65

So will exisiting BT Vision users be automatically upgraded to a Youview box?

If so will this be free or an extra charge? And will the Youview box be the new boxes or will it still be a cross your fingers and hope approach?

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 13 of 65

Where can I find details on the Entertainment Max channels? As it states 34?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 14 of 65

I have worked it out if I upgrade from TV entertanment to entertanment max it will cost me £6 more a month and I will be getting Tv anywhere that I will let my sister use on her Ipad mini as she dont have BT TV for at times she not in enough to watch live TV. she uses catch up TV and Nextflix lot.

Darren

0 Ratings
Cameron
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 65

Just tried to upgrade to this new package on the site and it asked for £199 for a Youview box (again), so I just cancelled the order (again).

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 65

@jam2000 wrote:

Where can I find details on the Entertainment Max channels? As it states 34?

I wondered that too, but having looked again at what you get for the price, I think all they're doing is including the Kids' channels in the count.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 17 of 65

Nope dont think so:

Entertainment Max – Our biggest entertainment bundle is available exclusively to existing BT TV customers with BT Infinity. This pack comes with 34 premium entertainment and kids channels and FREE BT Sport for only £15 a month, as well as HD Extra and TV Everywhere
0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 65

@jam2000 wrote:
This pack comes with 34 premium entertainment and kids channels ...

That sounds to me like the 34 channels are made up of both the 'premium entertainment' and 'kids' channels. So I still reckon they're just including kids' channels in the count!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 65

@Cameron wrote:

So will exisiting BT Vision users be automatically upgraded to a Youview box?

If so will this be free or an extra charge? And will the Youview box be the new boxes or will it still be a cross your fingers and hope approach?

These package changes apply to new BT TV contracts. There is no reason to change the contracts of existing BT TV customers. It has nothing to do with any possible future phasing out of the BT Vision platform.

So I think the answer to your initial question is 'No', for the time being at least. If you wanted to start a new contract on one of the new packages then you may well have to upgrade to a BT Youview box as well which is normally a £35 activation charge (or a £199 charge if you are still within your current contract minimum term)? The Customer Options Team on 0800800030 should be able to answer that.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 20 of 65

I have re worked out the cost of what I'm now paying for my TV and I'm paying £2 more a month not £6 as I posted above for I never take into account that I also havd the old BT film/TV box sets at £5 a month. I no longer have the BT film/TV box sets since I upgraded to entertainment Max yesterday evening. I would have liked one or two more channels added to the BT TV anywhere app.
Apart from that BT seem to have made some good improvements and at lest the BT TV max price is still cheaper than Sky's original and Family packages.

Darren

0 Ratings