cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jam2000
Expert
Message 21 of 65

Re: New BT TV Offerings

Can a mod confirm what the 34 channels are in the Max package and how come this doesnt include the music option, I would have thought being max would include everything?

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 65

I just upgraded to the 'Entertainment Plus' from the entertainment package.  

I am having problems with the BT TV app on my Samsung Galaxy s5,  When I click to watch a live channel, it buffers then freezes and says BT TV has stopped working.. 

I am on the latest Andoid version.

Anyone else have a problem with Samsung and or Andriod?

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 23 of 65

My Samsung S3mini is working fine

@Old_Welsh_dragon wrote:

I just upgraded to the 'Entertainment Plus' from the entertainment package.  

I am having problems with the BT TV app on my Samsung Galaxy s5,  When I click to watch a live channel, it buffers then freezes and says BT TV has stopped working.. 

I am on the latest Andoid version.

Anyone else have a problem with Samsung and or Andriod?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
Cameron
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 65

@umpire wrote:

@Cameron wrote:

So will exisiting BT Vision users be automatically upgraded to a Youview box?

If so will this be free or an extra charge? And will the Youview box be the new boxes or will it still be a cross your fingers and hope approach?

These package changes apply to new BT TV contracts. There is no reason to change the contracts of existing BT TV customers. It has nothing to do with any possible future phasing out of the BT Vision platform.

So I think the answer to your initial question is 'No', for the time being at least. If you wanted to start a new contract on one of the new packages then you may well have to upgrade to a BT Youview box as well which is normally a £35 activation charge (or a £199 charge if you are still within your current contract minimum term)? The Customer Options Team on 0800800030 should be able to answer that.

Sorry I didn't word my question very well, what I meant to ask was:

So will exisiting BT Vision users be automatically upgraded to a Youview box if they upgrade to one of the new packages?

I just noticed today that the H2 channel is showing on the BT Vision EPG, so the answer is probably not.

0 Ratings
Pryce26
Contributor
Message 25 of 65

Called BT just this week to discuss recontracting my BTTV and to try and get a YouView box. They made no mention of these changes to the packages and would not give me a YouView box without paying £195 even though i am out of contract!

i'll be bouncing if they now offer me something that wasn't available or even mentioned 3 days ago.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 26 of 65

The BT TV app for watching live programes is not compatable with Androind 5.0 and above BT are looking in to a fix for this but when that will be I dont know.

Im the same as you on my Nexus 7 as I have Android 5.0.

The app on my Nexus 4 will not work at all as its Android 5.1.

The BT TV app works fine on my sisters Ipad mini.

Darren

0 Ratings
Old_Welsh_dragon
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 65

Thanks ney, dissapointed a bit as I upgraded to the new package today hoping to watch on my phone.  Suppose I'll have to wait..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 65

@Cameron wrote:
Sorry I didn't word my question very well, what I meant to ask was:
So will exisiting BT Vision users be automatically upgraded to a Youview box if they upgrade to one of the new packages?
I just noticed today that the H2 channel is showing on the BT Vision EPG, so the answer is probably not.

I think you are probably right. I too have a BT Vision+ box and the 5 new channels appeared in the EPG. I can't see anything in the new base packages that would stop them being available on BT Vision+ boxes, but whether BT will allow it is another question I suppose. They might use it as another way of encouraging the move over to the BT Youview platform, though I suspect a box activation fee would still apply? Someone is bound to try it and hopefully report back. Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 65

If you look at the latest bt tariff guide it shows what packages are available on bt vision box.
ney
Expert
Message 30 of 65

Anyone know if the extra catch up players are also on the BT TV app for the channels that can be streamed live.

Was just wondering as I was not sure when my sister asked me as I have let her use the app on her Ipad mini via my BT ID to watch live TV.

Darren

0 Ratings