cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 65

Re: New BT TV Offerings

@jam2000 wrote:

Where can I find details on the Entertainment Max channels? As it states 34?

See this new help page.

What channels and bolt-ons you get with the different BT TV packages

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 65

@zulu17 wrote:
If you look at the latest bt tariff guide it shows what packages are available on bt vision box.

Good point. It states that the two Starter packages are for BT Youview boxes only (they are aimed at new BT TV customers and come with the non-recordable mini BT Youview box) and the other three packages are for BT Youview or BT Vision boxes.

So in theory a BT Vision box user could currently change to one of the following.

• TV Essential
  • TV Entertainment Plus  (Infinity only)
  • TV Entertainment Max  (Infinity only)
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 33 of 65

Doesnt state which 34 channels are in the Max package though?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 65

@jam2000 wrote:

Doesnt state which 34 channels are in the Max package though?

Well it doesn't really matter whether something says Max is 

• 25 (entertainment),
  • 34 (incl. 9 Kids),
  • 47 (incl. 13 entertainment HD),
  • 53 (incl. 6 BT Sport SD/HD),
  • 54 (incl. BT Sport Extra that they failed to mention),
  • 55 (incl. BT TV Preview that probably isn't worth mentioning),

those are still the available extra multicast channels with the Max package. Smiley Happy

I agree that BT should make things clear and be consistent on the product sales pages though. 

0 Ratings
ScottSilver
Contributor
Message 35 of 65

I currently have an offer on my BT TV. If I upgrade to Max I am assuming I will lose the offer?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 36 of 65

Yes you will lose the offer. I was getting TV entertanment for £5 a month but upgraded to entertanment max at £15 a month.

I was also paying an extra £3 a month for the HD extra bolt on and £5 a month for the old BT film/TV box sets.

I no longer have BT film/TV box sets since upgrading to the entertanment max packackage but when I worked it all out im really only paying about £2 more a month than I was before the upgrade.

I before the upgrade never tane the kids extra bolt on but thats now included in the package as well as the BT TV anywhere app that i let my sister use as she dont have BT TV and see seems to like the app on her Ipad mini.

Darren

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 37 of 65

I have an offer on just now as well, paying £11 per month for entertainment, hd and kids bolt on.
Not really much point in me upgrading just to get that tv everywhere!
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 65

I'm confused. I already have the entertainment package, which is costing us £7.50 per month. So am I paying £2.50 more than I have to, or £2.50 less? If I change to Starter, do I have the same package as I have now?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 65

Confused us all I think. It appears the £5 starter pack doesn't include the ability to record.............. but how they would disable the function would be interesting. So basically you're on the "legacy" 20 channels pack with recording ability, not available to new subscribers. So you have the choice to stay as you are, or upgrade to the "new" plus pack at £10 which includes the extra 5 channels. BT make everything so clear. Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 65

@Hunter2660 wrote:

Confused us all I think. It appears the £5 starter pack doesn't include the ability to record.............. but how they would disable the function would be interesting.

Maybe you are getting confused? Aren't we all? Smiley LOL

There are two Starter packages. TV Starter (£4 but with current offer of a £4 discount for 12 months) and TV Entertainment Starter (£5).

TV Entertainment Starter requires Infinity for the extra entertainment channels. TV Starter is available for both Infinity or normal broadband customers according to certain product sales pages, though the help pages confuse things by implying TV Starter is only for normal broadband.

Both TV Starter and TV Entertainment Starter state only pause/rewind is available rather than recording functionality. I suspect this is because both the Starter packages normally come with a mini BT Youview box without a hard-drive for new BT TV customers.

The Starter packages state a £19 activation fee whereas the more expensive packages waive the activation fee.

The Starter packages are only applicable to the BT Youview platform and not the BT Vision platform. This is detailed in the tariff guide.

My head hurts! Good to see BT have implemented a nice, simple, clear set of TV packages.

What if someone with a BT Youview+ box that can record moves to one of the Starter packages? I actually suspect that BT have aimed the Starter packages at new BT TV customers. I certainly wouldn't expect an existing customer to be able to get the £4 discount for 12 months on TV Starter. I think that this is the key question that needs clarification.

Are TV Starter and TV Entertainment Starter for new BT TV subscriptions only, or can existing BT TV customers move to them?

0 Ratings