cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 16

New BT TV service coming in 2017

So what will this give us that we haven't already got?

Manage your recordings, watch live and On Demand content all from the new app... can't we do all that already?

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/bt-reveals-next-generation-youview-and-free-tv-app-11364112169175

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
speedtrip
Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: New BT TV service coming in 2017

"Image rich" .... OFFS !
0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 16

I'm sure that'll do wonders for the performance of the older boxes!
0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

Sounds like just a refresh of the UI, yet it's being touted as 'next generation' and a competitor to Sky Q.

I shouldn't be so negative! Let's wait and see...
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 16

I look forward to seeing the new look BT/Youview interface.

the last software update works well with the BT G4 box and although it dose work with the older BT Youview T1000 that I now only use as a Freeview PVR and for the free catch up players loads the new BBC rad button service a few seconds slower then the G4 box.

Its good that BT still seem to be wanting to improve the BT/Youview service.

Darren

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 16

Apparently the BT TV app will be free with all TV packages, which it isn't at present.
0 Ratings
derryviewer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

I relly hope they add Amazon Prime video to the current and new service.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 16

Bizarrely TalkTalk seemed to have posted a new video showing a new GUI (presume this will be the same one BT uses).

http://www.aol.co.uk/2016/10/21/your-tv-experience-made-better/?rpc=ttg&ncid=newsltukaolp00000001

If that is the new update it looks more like a simplified refresh rather than a complete new interface. It certainly hasn't gone the SKY Q path with hugely complex menus and flash sliding graphics. Is that a good thing or a bad thing. Hmmm not sure myself.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 9 of 16

I just wish they'd concentrate on getting the programme data correct, I'm still often having to use the Sky planner on my iPad to find out what programme is actually on when.

What about a web based EPG that allows us to set recordings, and why not allow the mobile app to directly connect to the box to browse recordings and control playback.  The app doesn't even let you choose which channels to display, you have to scroll through 400 channels to get to Discovery HD.  which is pretty stupid if like me you rarely  watch SD channels .

I'd also like to see programme thumbnails display when you select a programme in the planner, and perhaps a more inspiring design. My theory is that they've made it so dull to entice people to the PPV channels, come on BT I've paid a subscription !

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 16

Hide the SD channels on your YouView box, and they are removed from view in the app.
0 Ratings