cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frogman0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

New BT YouView+ DTR T4000 missing some HD Channels

After setting up my new BT YouView+ UHD box, I was really disappointed to find that some of the HD channels were missing; namely all the channels between 106 to 115 (inclusive). Some of these channels I can live without but I watch BBC4 HD & BBC News HD most days so this is a huge issue. Now, I do know that all these channels are on the COM7/8 multiplexes which recently changed frequency but my 5 year old Samsung TV manages to find the channels (with some dropouts & signal loss) but I expected the BT STB to do better.

I rang the BT Devices helpline and was told to do another re-tune (which I had already done without success) and I have spoken with Freeview (who suggested I ring BT!). As I live under 15 miles from the Crystal Palace transmitter, I am astonished that the new frequencies are so difficult to receive on the BT YouView+ STB.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this (a manual tune for certain channels?) without paying for an aerial or an aerial service?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
frogman0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: New BT YouView+ DTR T4000 missing some HD Channels

Just seen, Adlopa's post & solution so maybe yet another call to Freeview could help...
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 3 of 22

I too pick up Crystal Palace but well over 25miles away & I get them just fine on my Ultra boxes.

0 Ratings
frogman0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

Thanks for letting me know, Tim... btw, do you know what type of aerial you have? Also, what's your aerial signal path?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 5 of 22

All I can say is that it's a wideband aerial. Not sur e what you mean by aerial signal path?

0 Ratings
dinop
Beginner
Message 6 of 22

I have the exact same problem... BBC4 HD and some other have disappeared in the last week or so. My Samsung TV picks them up with no problem.

Youview signal strength for BBC1 HD shows as 100%

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

Please read this page, as 100%  may be too much sigal, ie over 100%

Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 22

If you connect your aerial directly to your TV can you receive these channels?

Crystal Palace changed the frequencies these channels transmit on a few weeks back which has caused many people issues because they are now outside the range that Crystal Palace historically broadcast in. Group A aerials, although good since 1965 for UHF from CP, are no longer sufficient to receive these ‘COM7 & 8’ muxes.

If your TV also cannot receive these channels then it is clearly your aerial now being the wrong type that’s the problem. If you live in a building with a communal aerial it could also be that the filtering has not been adjusted by the system maintainer for the new frequencies.

If your TV can receive them check the received signal level in the menus. It may be there but low meaning your BT box can not detect it (BT boxes need a bit higher signal than a TV due to the signal split to the dual tuners inside). This could also be down to having the wrong aerial type now.
dinop
Beginner
Message 9 of 22

Thank you Keith_Beddoe, and Colin_London for your responses.

I have spoken to the Freeview support team just now and it appears that I don't have a wideband aerial (the existing one is at least 15 years old).
They are sending out an engineer to upgrade it free of charge in the next couple of weeks.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 10 of 22

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Please read this page, as 100%  may be too much sigal, ie over 100%

Picture breakup or missing FreeView channels

Possibly BUT Nextgen reports signal strength differently.

With OldGen I see about 62% SS but with NextGen it's 95%+.

0 Ratings