Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
John99999
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

New BT Youview Box - Handset & iPlayers

It seems churlish to complain about a free upgrade but I have just installed the latest Youview box and am dissatisfied with two things.

Firstly the back button on the new handset is far too close to the down arrow keys for navigation and volume. Its a nightmare entering text into sign on fields that dont allow the handset key pad to be used, e.g. Netflix, My4, and I am not particularly fat fingered.

Secondly the iPlayers still don't display a visual progress when using the video controls, just a time indicator (only tried BBC and My4 so far).

Anyone else irked by these issues?

Regards,

John

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: New BT Youview Box - Handset & iPlayers

Did you have the chunky YouView remote control with a previous YouView box? If so that'll still work with the new box.

0 Ratings
John99999
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hello Telecom89,

Many thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately my previous box was a BT Vision+.  I tried the old handset anyway, but no luck.

Regards,

John

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@John99999 wrote:

Hello Telecom89,

Many thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately my previous box was a BT Vision+.  I tried the old handset anyway, but no luck.

Regards,

John

No - that wouldn't work but a similar chunky control for YouView can be found on ebay.

Try searching for RC2984501/02B but a lot of sellers have their items listed erroneously.

Just make sure it has a YouView button on it.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi @John99999 Thank you for the feedback about the remote control design. This has been feedback to design teams and is on the radar. No time scales for changes at present but it is being looked into and should have improvements in the future.

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings