Message 1 of 54

New BTTV App

0 Ratings
53 REPLIES 53
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 54

Re: New BTTV App

Thanks for the link. I have been waiting for the BT TV app to get a new update and when I asked a few weeks ago I was told by September.

I sometimes use the BT TV app on my IPad Mini 4.

Would have also liked to have seen what you have set to recored on the box via the EPG on the app also but at lest its a start hope they will keep on improving the BT TV app.

Darren

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 3 of 54

I was expecting some more new features, sounds like they gave up and just released a face lifted verion if you ask me. Then again probably not a bad thing if the box update is any thing to go by.

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 4 of 54

Launched today, 

Pairing very easy. Will explore later

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 54

Disappointing. No catch-up which is what it really needs.
0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 6 of 54

Still doesn't provide local tv option for me in Oxfordshire
---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 7 of 54

Don't understand the 'no catch-up' comment. The App replicates virtually everything that's on the box, all found under similarly labelled tabs. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 54

I think it is a good start and the right thing to launch with. I would like to see added :-

1) Freeview Live TV playback and On-demand automatic playback of the available channels previously shown (as per YouView app).

2) Scheduled listings from the box shown

3) Playback of recordings from the box (plus deletion etc of recordings)

trapdoor
Expert
Message 9 of 54

New app won't schedule recordings ... says 'Recording Sent' yet it never shows up in the schedule, nor does it start to record.

Yet the YouView app does happily set recordings. It's annoying because I'd prefer to just use the BT TV app but have to remember (and tell the Mrs) to use the YV app if she wants to remote record something.

My iPad is paired to the box twice. The second iteration having '(BT TV)' next to the device name. I haven't tried deleting the YouView app pairing but see no reason why it should need to only have one instance and only one of those working.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 54

Thats not right. I presume you have tried deleting the BTTV pairing and re-pairing (I agree the YouView App pairing shouldn't make any difference).

Has anybody worked out what the BTTV channels tab is for under the search menu? I was hoping it would take me direct to any shows that were on a extra channel but it just says no results everytime. Now and Next shows whats on but you can only set a recording.

0 Ratings