cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 54

Re: New BTTV App

Just downloaded the app, all seems very good so far, paired my tablet to my BT youview box easily, got a couple of programmes to record on the box using the tablet, all the channels seem to work well, overall, early signs, very impressed!

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 12 of 54

Confirm, set recording to box from new app works. Quick test with The Furchester Hotel has succeeded. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
trapdoor
Expert
Message 13 of 54

@scointer wrote:

Thats not right. I presume you have tried deleting the BTTV pairing and re-pairing (I agree the YouView App pairing shouldn't make any difference).

I think the issue is that remote setting a recording is incredibly slow to action.

I have just tried it again, left for a good 20 minutes and it did appear. Using the YouView app is consistently much quicker. It is not aided by the fact that there is no record flag set against the programme in the linear planner ... only place you can see it is in the 'MyTV Schedule'

my concern about the speed of actioning a remote record request is that if you see a prog 5 mins before it's due to start and set it to record, the request won't reach the box in time. Seems to work acceptably for recordings an hour or more in the future but I'd not want to rely on it for anything closer.

scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 54

Hmmm I can't get the continue watching to work on any of my purchases. Can anyone confirm this works for them.

i just get (SDAppConfigErrorDomain error 17.)

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 15 of 54

Downloaded the new app but it cannot find my bt box to pair with it from iPad. Everything works on the bt box internet channels etc.Box connected with Ethernet cable, Tried several times even tried from different iPad with no luck. Done the usual things switch off , uninstall. Just get a message cannot find box please check you are using same networks. 

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Contributor
Message 16 of 54

Solved problem with router connection on iPad.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 17 of 54

Just downloaded it and the new look app  to my IPad Mini 4 and it seems good so far even though I have not fully used it as yet. I like the my TV part of the app and the new look EPG seems ok.

Just noticed the BT TV app will not not let me set a recording on Discovery Science using the app.

Discovery Turbo is the same.

Darren

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 18 of 54

Can't understand why the opportunity to merge the 'play purchases' app wasn't combined with this one. The new one attempts to transfer the user across to the PP one. 

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 54

I would guess that's a bit of time management to help get it out as soon as possible. That is where my continue watching for my purchases fails. I either get a force close or I just get dumped at the main screen of the purchase app.

there is also the issue that the purchases app lets you register 4 devices to watch on where the tv app only lets you register 2

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 20 of 54

Shame you are still not able to watch your recordings that are on the box via the new look app but at lest it now shows you what you have recorded on the box.

Also would  have liked to have had an opinion to delete a recording you may have set my mistake via the app.

Darren