Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 54

Re: New BTTV App

I noticed  within the Help  section of the app  this statement :

What's the difference between the BT TV App and the BT TV Purchases App?

The BT TV App allows you to stream all of your BT TV subscription On Demand and live channels. The BT TV Purchases App allows you to stream or download all of your BT TV purchases from the BT Store. You’ll be able to see everything you've purchased or rented in the BT TV App, and link to the Purchases App to view them.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 54

There are subtle differences between the two and personally I think it is ok to have both. Maybe the purchases app could have a blue face paint so it is not so obvious. That said I think the continue watching failure for purchases is a massive issue and takes away a huge part of the upgraded app for me, real shame.
0 Ratings
mikegledholt
Contributor
Message 23 of 54

A lot of work has obviously gone into the design of this new app, however, I was a bit confused in the recordings section. There are no folders, by that I mean that if I record a series say Pointless, they aren't grouped together as on the Youview box, just spread out date wise. Why?  Also, I thought we would be able to watch freeview channels live! Is this slated for a future version? Will we be able to watch catch-up services like BBC iplayer? A good start but much more cosmetic than functional so far. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 24 of 54

Getting error code GG106 when I try to look at my recordings in the app - any ideas what that is?
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 25 of 54

Will BT be bring out a fix so it will also let you set a programme to recored on Discovery Sciance and Discovery Turbo.

Apart from this most other parts of the new look BT TV app seem to work fine on my IPad Mini 4.

I do at times use the normal Youview app on my IPhone 6s and that lets you set recoreds for all channels including Discovery Sciance and Discovery Turbo.

Darren

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 54

We'll never be able to watch recordings from the app, right? No update will fix that, because the recordings are on the YouView box. Only your list of recordings and recording schedule are held server side, not the programmes themselves. Or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 54

Biggest fail for me is that your recordings are now shown in the app, and yet they're not overlayed in the TV Guide, so it's as useless as the old app in that respect. It's still too easy to attempt to record something that you've already scheduled to record, or set something to record that clashes with your other scheduled recordings, so it just fails without telling you.

Surely a huge missed opportunity, given the new app clearly *is* aware of your recording schedule? I can only assume they left it out to get the app released on time, and it's coming soon in an update.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 54

If watching recordings remotely is something you would really have a lot of use for (long distance lorry driver, for example) then add a Slingbox to your home set up.

Personally, while I would sometimes like to be able to watch recordings remotely during breaks at work I can't really justify a Slingbox solution.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 54

If referring to my comment - no, watching recordings remotely isn't something that would interest me. I was just commenting on others' posts who said they hoped a future update would let them watch recordings from the app. I just thought, technically, that didn't seem very likely. Agreed, a Slingbox is the best approach if it's something you really want.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 30 of 54

@KernowChris wrote:

Can't understand why the opportunity to merge the 'play purchases' app wasn't combined with this one. The new one attempts to transfer the user across to the PP one. 

Hi @KernowChris,

I am feeding back the comments from this thread to the TV app team.  They have let me know that BT will be closing the Purchases App in the near future so that there will only be one app to watch both subscriptions and BT Store content.  I don't have a date to share with you at the moment but when I do I will share this with the community.

@ney I have asked about the recording issue you have mentioned, with regards to the inability to record from Discovery Science and Discovery Shed.  When I know more I will post back.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone and please keep it coming :smileywink:

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings