Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 31 of 54

Re: New BTTV App

@andy_m1 wrote:
Getting error code GG106 when I try to look at my recordings in the app - any ideas what that is?

Hi @andy_m1,

Sorry about the problem you are having when trying to look at your recordings.  Can you confirm that this is still a problem for you?  I have mentioned this to the App team and they are going to look into it.  I will update you when I know more.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 32 of 54

Thanks SeanD.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 33 of 54

Hi @SeanD I've just checked and it's working now thanks, but I'd still be grateful for an explanation for future reference so I look forward to your update. Thanks!
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 34 of 54

@andy_m1 wrote:
Hi @SeanD I've just checked and it's working now thanks, but I'd still be grateful for an explanation for future reference so I look forward to your update. Thanks!

Hi @andy_m1,

Thanks for confirming.  Our TV App team has got back to me this morning with regards to the error you described (GG106). 

The GG106 error was most likely presented to you, due to a back end time out.  E.g. the app sought the info but got no response from the server.  The YouView service we use to recover the recording information had an outage last week so we believe that this was responsible.

Should you see this error message again please let us know and we can investigate further.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 54

This app doesn't seem to work with CurrentGen devices of which I have 2 , a G4 & a G5.

When I updated the app it lost the paring to my G5 box and when trying to re-pair it I get an AG106 error so now I've lost the ability to schedule recordings remotely to this G5 box.

I use the Youview app - not going to update that - to work with my G4 box.

Fortunately the TalkTalk app still pairs with CurrentGen devices.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 54

Worked fine re-pairing with my G5 box. Not sure what AG106 means.

Have you tried deleting the BT app pairing in the settings on the box (any that are there) and then try pairing again. Mine worked without any issues so maybe something specific to you.

I have to agree with what someone said earlier that once something was scheduled/recorded it should show up in the TV listings guide so you can see it is already scheduled/recorded.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 54

@TimCurtis wrote:

This app doesn't seem to work with CurrentGen devices of which I have 2 , a G4 & a G5.

Re-pairing worked fine on my G4 box too.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 54

@scointer wrote:

Worked fine re-pairing with my G5 box. Not sure what AG106 means.

Have you tried deleting the BT app pairing in the settings on the box (any that are there) and then try pairing again. Mine worked without any issues so maybe something specific to you.

I have to agree with what someone said earlier that once something was scheduled/recorded it should show up in the TV listings guide so you can see it is already scheduled/recorded.

But are you on CurrentGen or NextGen as I think that's the issue.

Tried various combinations of deleting the app , disconnecting the device on the YV box etc.

Also on my iPad I get an AG106 error on the phone an AG104 error.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 54

I'm on NextGen. I guess they're not supporting the app for people blocking the box update.  Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 54

Apologies I didn't read properly. Current Gen is the newest release as that is what is current, you mean you are trying it with 'Old' Gen ;-)

0 Ratings