cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New DTR-T4000 no Freeview HD channels

Go to solution

Our old DTR-T4000 died in the heat on Tuesday.

BT sent a free replacement out the next day but it's not finding the Freeview HD channels.
There's nothing in the guide between 100-201

Signal strength & quality are both showing 100% - I've seen reports that this can be an issue.

Plugging the aerial directly into the TV & it has all the expected Freeview channels

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New DTR-T4000 no Freeview HD channels

Go to solution

The high signal strength and quality is likely to be the cause of the issue. Pop onto Amazon and buy an adjustable attenuator for a couple of quid. 

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@hkymre 

Strange that it wasn't a problem before with the signal strength but maybe the tuners on the units are of a variable quality.

With an adjustable attenuator aim for about 90% on the strength figure whilst still getting 100% for quality. Mine sits quite happily at 94% but others have found mid 80s better.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks folks.
Set it to 85% and the channels are now found.
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@hkymre 

Excellent.

I think @NigelB72 should share the  kudos for the solution though.🙂

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
How did you fit it? I've just bought one but no instructions. Does it go into the wall and then the aerial cable goes into the other socket on the attenuator to the tv box or does it go into the bt box with the aerial cable going back to the wall? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I got this one - Philex Variable TV Signal Attenuator

I put the aerial into the top connector & plugged it into to the box & that worked for me.