Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 1 of 47

New G4 Box - No MHEG (Digital Teletext)

Hi

I received my new G4 Box on Monday and I'm over the moon with it.

But today I noticed a glaring omission - there doesn't seem to be any MHEG on the box (no BBC red button, no digital text) I don't know if this is simply a software bug, or its actually not in the specification of the new box.

I admit I don't use teletext much nowadays but it's nice to have it.

Has anyone else got this problem?
0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 2 of 47

Re: New G4 Box - No MHEG (Digital Teletext)

Forgot to add, the same is true on the radio stations, there is no MHEG display.
0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 3 of 47

Interesting;

The BBC teletext service from the red button was working early evening (last night) when I first connected my new box, but interstingly by late eveing I noticed it had stopped. Put in down to the BBC but it was working when switched back to the TV's normal DAB channel. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
gwatuk
Contributor
Message 4 of 47

@saintmatt wrote:

Has anyone else got this problem?

Is it just the G4?

Same reports here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1920808

Cat Sad

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 47

I have the G4 and I only get "Red Button" on the BBC SD channels - so it works on Channel 1 and 80 but not 101 or 107.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 6 of 47

Glad im used the old style BT Youview box for now and the retail Youview box if BBCi text services are not working with the new G4 box. As I use BBCi text 3 or 4 times a week.

Hope they get this fix sorted for if they dotr I will no be wanted to upgrade to the new G4 box come the end of the year.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 47

Hi Guys,

We want to understand this problem a little more so I am hoping you guys can offer some more information.  We work closely with our YouView team so they are keen to get feedback on the service in general, but especially for any new equipment we release.

• Can you please reboot your box to see if this cures the issue?
  • @Dgilbert2 – Are you still experiencing this issue or was this a one off?  Has there been any recurrence of the problem?
  • Is this issue an intermittent one of do those of you who have experienced this issue, get this all the time?

Apologies for all the questions but we are keen to understand what is happening here.  If you could reply here I would very much appreciate it.  I will then feed this back to the YouView team.

Cheers

Paddy

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 8 of 47

@PaddyB wrote:
  • Can you please reboot your box to see if this cures the issue?
  • @dgilbert2 – Are you still experiencing this issue or was this a one off?  Has there been any recurrence of the problem?
  • Is this issue an intermittent one of do those of you who have experienced this issue, get this all the time?
From what I've experienced, a long (30 second) power off will restore the red button but by the end of an evening it has stopped again.
Sadly, this is not a one off.
Once stopped working, only way to restore is the 30 second power off. It is not intermittent.
0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 9 of 47

I found version 15.4 had the same problem.

0 Ratings
saintmatt
Contributor
Message 10 of 47

A reboot of the box will temporarily fix it for me, but like others, after a few hours of the box being on it stops working. Happens every time following a reboot.
0 Ratings