Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deejaybee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

New Infinity/YouView User - Picture break-up on non-HD Channels

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered before, but does anyone else experience picture break-up on non-HD channels. I've tried everything so far, but picture quality (not sound) remains poor.  HD (sport and other) channels are perfect.

Apart from this I am very pleased with the performance and particularly the YouView box.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Infinity/YouView User - Picture break-up on non-HD Channels

@Deejaybee wrote:

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered before, but does anyone else experience picture break-up on non-HD channels. I've tried everything so far, but picture quality (not sound) remains poor.  HD (sport and other) channels are perfect.

Apart from this I am very pleased with the performance and particularly the YouView box.

Thanks

If you are referring to BT Sport this comes over your infinity line. Are the poor quality channels standard freeview channels received via the aerial? I had a problem once where an aerial flylead (the coax connection from the aerial wall socket to the YouView box) that worked ok with a previous freeview box didn't work well with YouView. The YouView tuner seemed to be not as good as the standard tuner in my TV. I replaced the aerial flylead with a cheap new one from amazon that claimed to be shielded. I think it was about £5. That seemed to solve the problem. Before you do that maybe rescan for channels to see if that helps.

Here's the original posting about this:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Fixing-YouView-missing-poor-quality-freeview-channels/m-p/...

0 Ratings
Deejaybee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Infinity/YouView User - Picture break-up on non-HD Channels

Hi

Thanks for the useful reply and link.  Yes, it's just the Freeview channels and I've tried rescanning the channels.  The new co-ax lead seems a good idea though. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings