Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 50

New Software Release on BT YouView

Hi Everyone,

Happy to announce that from tomorrow we will be starting to roll out the latest software update for BT YouView customers.  This will be a staggered approach starting with boxes that have the recording functionality.  For more information on what the new release will include please see the announcement from YouView from this link, Automatic Software Update for March 2015

Cheers

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
49 REPLIES 49
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 50

Re: New Software Release on BT YouView

SeanD
I must be a lucky one, my box received the update within the last hour.
0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 3 of 50

It is there - I did an update check and it downloaded

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 50

Am I the only one who really hates it when people (mostly banks) tell you something like

What do I need to know?

YouView Terms of Use have also been updated. Existing viewers can review the updated Terms of Use by pressing the YouView button > Settings > Your info& Legal.

And then just give you a link to the complete new Terms and Conditions?  No change bars.  No summary of what has changed, and a simple assumption that I have agreed to whatever they decided to change.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 50

I will check my BT boxes later. I did check them last night and nothing new downloaded.

I have an older style BT Youview + box and the newer BT Youview G4 + box.

Darren

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 50

Had a G4 since May & its never 'auto-downloaded' a new release - always have to do it manually ... gonna leave this one until the w/end to give it a chance.....

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 7 of 50

Still no update on both my BT Youview boxes.

Darren
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 8 of 50

Forgot to add that I hope its just not about the Cosmetics - I still have a 'skip backwards' problem when viewing IP channel recordings - ie, I want to skip forward, but it leaps backwards a big chunk of time .... which albeit not TEOTW, is a royal pain ..... Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 50

Too busy adding new flim-flummery to be bothered fixing real world, pain in the butt bugs.
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 50

I have not yet received the update, but the addition of a "APPS" menu item is an interesting development.

It , hopefully, gives interested parties, developers, Youtube etc, a platform from which to launch interactive applications(Apps) and should make the YouView box even more useful.

I currently use a  Panasonic so called "Smart" TV and a Panasonic "Smart"bluray player. I am now finding the short comings of this method of viewing apps using the "smart" system.

Last year "Ustream" was withdrawn from the TV and I have recently used the bluray player, which now announces that the "Youtube" service will be withdrawn from this player, because the platform will not support my old (4 years?) player.

The implications of this are quite worrying, because of the TV/Bluray players lack of long term support we will be forced down the route of changing TVs etc when the manufacturer decides to pull the support plug!

Hopefully with an established, ever developing YouView platform this will not be the case. 

0 Ratings