Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianflack
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New View Remote will not control TV

Go to solution

Despite following the simple instructions in the documentation, the new YouView remote will not control my Panasonic TV despite the Panasomic code being used. Is there a solution?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New View Remote will not control TV

Go to solution
Have a look here: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/controlling_panasonic_tv_with_bt_youview_remote

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If you specify what Panasonic model you have then it is possible others with a similar model can provide advice.

Also I believe Panasonic did follow many other brands and effectively supply compedtatively priced Tvs produced by Vestel (if it has a Made in Turkey on the label it could be one) so the Vestel codes might work.

0 Ratings
brianflack
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you. It is a Panasonic Viera Model number TX-L42E5B.

The YouView remote now works!! I used the step 6 referred to in that earlier link above.

Problem! The remote now controls the TV but I cannot change from the normal HDM1 I use for the TV to AV1 which I use for the DVD player. The YouView remote does not let me move off HDM1. Any ideas please? 

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
What happens when you press the TV/AV button a few times, it should scroll through the ports?
0 Ratings
brianflack
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, it now works OK. I have opened a new thread for another different query relating to the YouView box. Thanks to all of you for helping me out with my problems.

0 Ratings