cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merc07
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

New account with YouView Box not working

I had the box delivered 4 days ago but BT still can't get any BT Sport channel, or the AMC channel working - it tells me I need to subscribe.

Package is MaxHD so it should have those channels.

It also says the same if I log onto the BT TV Player on a PC via the web.

I was told today 'There is a problem with the account setup, we don't know the answer, we are looking into it, maybe another 7 days'

Is this normal for BT, if so I might just cancel it and go else where...

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Message 2 of 8

Re: New account with YouView Box not working

@merc07 I'm really sorry about the problem with your BT TV subscription. If you need any help with this please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
merc07
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I can't seem to see the 'click here' link in your profie...I am logged in ?
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @merc07 sorry about that. I've enabled the link for you on my profile please can you try it and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
merc07
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, I entered all the details.
To add to the problems, if I set a recording using the youview mobile app, it says sending to the box but nothing happens...nothing is recorded, nothing appears in the schedule...
All in all my experience with BT TV has not made a good start.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

@merc07wrote:
Thanks, I entered all the details.
To add to the problems, if I set a recording using the youview mobile app, it says sending to the box but nothing happens...nothing is recorded, nothing appears in the schedule...
All in all my experience with BT TV has not made a good start.

Providing the app has been paired to the box then this does work quite well , but it's not instantaneous. Typically it can take 15mins for the box to receive the request as that's approximately how often it polls for new bookings.

What do you see under the "Bookings" tab in MyTV in the app?

0 Ratings
merc07
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

The bookings show on the app but nothing on the box.
I had a call today from one of the forum mods, apparantly my account is not going to be activated until next week, 14 days after receiving the box due to having a house move order booked - PVR is not activated either and I have been setup on BT Sport for Sky instead of the YouView box. At least now I know the reasons...Thanks
Message 8 of 8

Hi @merc07,

Your order is due to complete today. I can see that parts of it have but not all of it. It could take until later tonight before it's fully closed off on our side. I'll be in tomorrow morning and I'll sort out everything that we discussed.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings