Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

New box arrived can I still watch old recordings

Go to solution
I've had an issue with picture breakup on the streaming BT sport channels which BT insist is due to having an old box. This despite it blatantly being because of drops in the connection we can see on other devices (but thats another whole argument with them...) Anyway no new viewing card with the new box so I presume if I switch over to the new box and transfer the card all I will be able to watch off the old box is the freeview recordings? The BT sport and extra channel recordings will be unusable.
Was thinking of taking the old box in to the garage whilst I plough through the 90% full HD... If so does it still need an internet feed to get program guides and the like? And would it still record new Freeview content?
Apols for all the Q's.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: New box arrived can I still watch old recordings

Go to solution
Unfortunately, you can't transfer old recordings to the new box.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @ghinzani1 a little puzzled by the viewing card you seem to have with your old box. Youview boxes don't use viewing cards and indeed have no slot to  viewing card. So are you sure your old box has a viewing card in it , if it has it is a different device.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, wasnt looking to transfer recordings just watch them on the old box still
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Ignore the card business I'm thinking of my sky box or my old vision one I suspect. But presumably when I plug the new box in my subscription will transfer to the new one and the old one become defunct?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Yes, you can watch them on the old box.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thats good news Techwhizz, with or without it being connected to broadband? And presumably not all the MotoGP recordings off of BTsport?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Watching Freeview recordings on the old box will be just fine but any internet recordings require the old box being connected to the internet and being the nominated box for the extra channels.

Recording new Freeview programs will work just fine.

Note that the box will continually nag you about an internet connection if it's not connected but will work.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Brilliant, thanks. So watch all the old BTsport stuff then I van retire it. Thanks all!
0 Ratings