Message 1 of 6

New box on the way

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New box on the way

Still being only able to record two channels at a time is the only negative for me.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Although now with the catch and on demand channels recording only two isn't that much of an issue for me. I don't record anything now and same for friends and family it's all about catch up and on demand
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

I like to record as much as I can, that way I don't have to remember what it was I wanted to watch and what broadcaster it was with. I've also been caught out on more than one occasion by catch-up, the programme in question either never gets made available or it's several days before it does. This has always been after a Series Link failure so it's like being kicked twice.

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

This is great news if it turns out to be true, and we do in fact hear confirmed details around December with an early 2020 release.

But please BT, don't just offer HLG HDR, get Dolby Vision HDR on there as well... then people paying for the top tier Netflix can actually enjoy their programming in Dolby Vision.

For me, the most interesting bit of information is the bit about "relaunching their TV service with the new box"

This makes perfect sense, and explains why BT TV seems to have been just bumping along for months, without any real aggressive attempt to win market share.

I would imagine like most tech things, this new box is 6 months behind schedule, and BT TV has been waiting to get a solid next-gen TV box and channel offering together before putting big money behind building their service and user base.

Exciting news, let's hope we hear more soon!

FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Wicked !

0 Ratings