cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 21 of 42

Re: New box on the way

Not yet - it's currently only for new customers. Details will be announced later this year on options for existing customers.
Dano8881
Beginner
Message 22 of 42

Thanks for the info. Can't wait been crying for hdr for years now 😂
0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 42

I seen the box looks good but when will the BT customers get it who's on the VIP pack like me ?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 42

@jam2000 wrote:

I notice it states record up to 3 shows, how will the connection cope with 3 HD shows or 2 HD and 1 4K?

Also why new customers only, yet again feels like existing customers are missing out again.

Well looking at the box userguide that states

"You can record up to 4 programmes at the same time. If you record a fourth programme, you can’t then watch a fifth on live TV. You can still watch something in an app or a programme you’ve already recorded"

although the news release states record a maximum of 3 and watch a fourth.

0 Ratings
Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 42

@DarrenDev 

Are you able to tell us if some form of multi-room capability, either separate mini boxes or an app for the TVs in other rooms is also one of the features that you hope to include in the full release later this year?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 26 of 42

This is the first YouView box to be completely spec'd by BT, exclusively for BT, designed with BT requirements in mind (current and future). It wouldn't be unreasonable for customers to expect that all this effort would at least start delivering features that have become standard from other providers, plus maybe some new stuff too.

... but no comments can be made on timescales.

SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 27 of 42

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments about the new BT TV Box Pro.  I have some additional info that I can share which will address some of the questions raised 😉

• With the new BT TV Box Pro, it is possible to record 4 programmes in total however you can only watch/record two programs simultaneously, if recording from the channels delivered over the internet (IP channels).  You can record 4 programs at the same time if you are also recording from Freeview channels.
  • In terms of recording and watching HD and UHD channels at the same time, we have eligibility criteria when we sell the new box to customers to ensure that their broadband is fast enough to watch/record concurrent channels over IP.
  • The article on ISPreview is incorrect when it states “and you’ll still be able to record two channels while watching a third

Cheers

Sean

Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 42

@SeanDwrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments about the new BT TV Box Pro.  I have some additional info that I can share which will address some of the questions raised 😉

• With the new BT TV Box Pro, it is possible to record 4 programmes in total however you can only watch/record two programs simultaneously, if recording from the channels delivered over the internet (IP channels).  You can record 4 programs at the same time if you are also recording from Freeview channels.

So IGNORING Freeview for a moment, the recording capability is no different to the previous boxes? With Pay TV  it's personal choice what a customer wants to pay for and watch, but with all of the additional Now TV content available still only being able to record two channels has just become a significant negative.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 29 of 42

The limitation isn't the box @Andy005 - it's more than capable of recording more than 2 IP channels. I can't go into any detail at this point though.
All I can say is that things will become a lot clearer when the full product suite is properly launched for everyone later this year.
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 42

Thanks for the clarification @DarrenDev .

0 Ratings