Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 42

Re: New box on the way

@SeanD

The article on ISPreview is incorrect when it states “and you’ll still be able to record two channels while watching a third

Not even if the watched channel is on one of same Freeview MUXes as one of the channels being recorded or the two being recorded are on the same Freeview MUX as is usually the case with all Freeview PVR designs?

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 32 of 42

I wonder what the status and data lights are for on the front. Future features I assume?

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 42

The status light does flash with the use of the remote.

@jparnell82wrote:

I wonder what the status and data lights are for on the front. Future features I assume?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
0 Ratings
Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 42

Can anyone tell me the approximate dimensions of this new box please? (I don't see it mentioned in the User Guide or any of the previously linked pages).

Also, the User Guide says that this box's Bluetooth remote can control my TV as well. How does this work when my TV's existing remote control is infrared only? Does it mean that the TV must first be set up to stay on the HDMI input associated with the BT box, and then uses the BT boxes terrestrial UHF tuners when viewing, (say), ITV HD on 103?

Does anyone know what type of box you will be sent if you also order Extra Box with the new Pro box on a VIP package? (I'm wondering if it will be a T2100 type if the facility for all recordings to be mage on the main box - as per Sky Q - is not yet working).

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 35 of 42

340mm wide
40mm high
130mm deep but allow 180mm including cables
The remote talks Bluetooth to the TV Box Pro, but IR to the TV.
Extra box subscriptions still come with a Z4 non recordable box.
Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 42

@DarrenDev 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does this mean that the remote control transmits both Bluetooth and Infrared?

The reason I'm asking about the Extra Box is that I am thinking of upgrading to the VIP package, (contract renewal time at the moment), partly to get the new box. I currently have a T4000 in the lounge, which the Pro box would replace, and a T2100 Extra Box in the bedroom. Would I have to send the T2100 back to be replaced by a Z4, given that, (I don't think), the Z4 remote box can currently view and set up recordings via the Pro, as per Sky Q? I think that was mentioned earlier as one of the possible upgrades for the Autumn full launch?

I'm wondering, (hoping!), if I would be able to keep the T2100 until full functionality is available, (if it isn't already!)?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 37 of 42

Yes, the remote has both capabilities - but I believe the remote only talks Bluetooth to the BT box, and only IR to the TV. So don't expect it to talk Bluetooth to your TV, and don't expect it to talk to your box via an IR extender.

I don't know whether you'd be asked to return any boxes I'm afraid. I'm also not aware of any plans to make old boxes interoperate with the new one - the new box has an entirely new operating system on it (even though it looks the same from a user perspective).
Paul608085
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 42

@DarrenDev 

Can you confirm that multiroom in the Sky Q sense - where all the recordings are made on the main box and can be independently controlled and viewed from the remote box, (Z4 in BT's case) - is not currently a feature of the new system?

Assuming that is the case, what I'm hoping to be able to do is keep my current T2100 in the bedroom as a standalone until such time as the feature becomes available, (Autumn?), and then swap it out for a Z4 once it is working. I wasn't expecting the T2100 to interoperate with the Pro box, but thanks for confirming that!

I suppose I can ask - they can only say no 😉

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 39 of 42

@Paul608085 when did you get your T2100 box? If it was before 13 December 2019 then you're free to keep it.

I have had me T4000 for a few years now and when I upgraded to VIP I got sent the new Box Pro and moved the T4000 into the spare room. BT will ask for it back for recycling but you don't have to return as long as you had it before 13 December 2019

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 40 of 42

@Paul608085 wrote:

@DarrenDev 

Can you confirm that multiroom in the Sky Q sense - where all the recordings are made on the main box and can be independently controlled and viewed from the remote box, (Z4 in BT's case) - is not currently a feature of the new system?

Confirmed

0 Ratings