cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New box when re-contracting

I just called BT as my contract ends in 6 weeks and was happy with the deal I was given.

There was no mention of replacing the TV box I have with the new BT TV pro box. When I asked I was told I wouldn’t get one and I’d need to use the equipment I’ve got.

I asked the person on the phone to escalate it and “as a gesture of goodwill” they’re sending me a new box for £30 which seems a bit steep considering I won’t own it.

What is everyone else’s experience when re-contracting.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New box when re-contracting

@SaltedCaramel 

I've not been with BT long enough to recontract. However, their current deals for new customers offer free activation & p&P. So I reckon you have grounds to make your case with for waiving the £30. Deals end today though.

https://www.bt.com/tv/add

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I got a Pro Box when I renewed but I had to ask and I was charged the £30.  The box has quite a few software bugs though but has potential to be very good once they sort those out.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@SaltedCaramel  I renewed last year, not sure when. But I was offered the Pro Box, FOC, and no delivery or connection charge (which I find stange when it's just a renewel). Perhaps you should escalate through the contracts renewel/cancellation team.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have the old G4 or DTR T4000 box and I’ll not re contract unless they offer me the new pro box. 

Even compared to a Humax Aura the old box is antiquated.

I assume you don’t need to go for the VIP package to get the BT TV box pro these days ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Hendy2  I just switched from the old Entertainment plus to Big Sport.

0 Ratings