cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andynun1
Message 1 of 6

New customer - BT channels and BT player not showing on screen and unavailable

Go to solution

I'm a new BT customer as of yesterday for broadband and TV including BT Sport. Broadband is working fine, as is the YouView box for watching Freeview channels, and the Players - BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc

The Home screen does not include BT Player. The BT Player button on the YouView remote does nothing. The BT Sport channels 408 and 409 cannot be manually selected - just says No Channel

Just had a long phone call with the helpline. After trying all the usual stuff they have resorted to booking an engineer appointment which will be in a week's time

From other threads on here, it seems to me that my BT TV subscription has not been set up correctly, but mentioning that to the call centre agent didn't seem to help

I can access BT Sport via the BT TV app so presumably that means that I am subscribed, it just hasn't come through to the YouView box

Any ideas? Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New customer - BT channels and BT player not showing on screen and unavailable

Go to solution

Have you tried a software update? It should update and reload for you.

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
andynun1
Message 3 of 6

Re: New customer - BT channels and BT player not showing on screen and unavailable

Go to solution

I did a software update earlier today with no effect. I've just done it again and I now have BT Player!

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Mazza2
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I had this problem also today..I went into setting and did a software update and it all came on then..hope this sorts you out
0 Ratings
Mazza2
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I’ve had this problem also today after receiving my you view box...I ended up unplugging my hub for 30seconds switched it back on went into YouView settings and did a software update..hey presto it all came on..by sport etc..hope this helps
0 Ratings
sab60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have exactly the same prpblem, but Im not a new customer. This is an 'upgrade' box. Ive tried everything mentioned here but with no luck. I'm waiting for a Tech Support call. Im going to wait a few hours, reboot everything againg and see if anything happens. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings