cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
glanigan2
Message 1 of 6

New customer will i get youview or vision+?

I ordered my BT phone, TV and Infinity on the 6th of october. My phone line is due to be switched over from my current provider to BT on the 18th of October. I am wondering tho, what box will i recieve for TV. Will it be youview or a vision+ box?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New customer will i get youview or vision+?

Unless you asked for YouView and were told you would have to pay the £50 fee, you will get the BT Vision box.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Agree with DRH. The two are being offered as an either or option at the moment. So if you didn't ask for a YouView box, you won't get a YV box.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
glanigan2
Message 4 of 6

I am told that they will be in touch once my phone line has been activated to actually place the order for the infinity. Would this mean i could ask for the Youview box then? Is it any more expensive than the Vision+ box? I know there is the £50 activation fee but does this not come with just geting the Vision+ too?

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

I do not know the answer to that question, sorry. Best to ask BT, when they contact you.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
swedish_cook
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@glanigan2 wrote:

I am told that they will be in touch once my phone line has been activated to actually place the order for the infinity. Would this mean i could ask for the Youview box then? Is it any more expensive than the Vision+ box? I know there is the £50 activation fee but does this not come with just geting the Vision+ too?

You should know that currently Youview and Vision+ are different but overlapping offerings, with Vision+ offering Sky sports for instance and it not yet being available on Youview - its the plan but not yet the reality. So be clear what you want before asking for Youview, you can seewhat Youview offers currently by looking at the Youview website and the BT Vision player page, links below. "BT Vision Player" is the application/plugin that runs if you subscribe to it with BT.

BT Vision Player Link 

Youview Core Link

0 Ratings