cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 378

New features

Any news yet on the new features to be announced?

Delaying subscribing until I know what they are. Sky Q sub due to end soon.

0 Ratings
377 REPLIES 377
Message 2 of 378

Re: New features

What new features are you referring to?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 378

Multiroom as per sky Q. More apps, Freeview via internet etc etc

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 378

I'm hoping for the freeview channels through the Internet.

Fingers crossed its soon.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 378

No news on Multi room like Sky Q but with the NowTV & BT Sport apps, you can watch anywhere with a streaming stick or compatible Smart TV. Other apps are at the mercy of the app owners and a commercial agreement isn't straight forward as Youview is an open platform so the apps would need to be made available to all retail boxes as well.

IP Freeview is apparently in testing but there's issues with the series link and recording facility so it's still in testing...

It's highly unlikely that you'll get the full Sky Q experience any time in the future though...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 378

More HD channels are most important to me and also HD channels starting on channel 1 not 101 

Message 7 of 378

@Deano123 that's not in BT's control as the channel line up for terrestrial channels are set by Freeview 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 378

Multiroom as per Sky Q - which features are you specifically after?
If you want to record on one box and watch on another, then I don't see that happening any time soon (if ever).
If you just mean being able to watch channels in other rooms without an aerial, then Sky Q does it by distributing the channel through the main box over the network. BT TV will do it by delivering the channels to each box directly over broadband. Should be the same end result.

As for when the announcement will be made ... I would hope that you'll know everything you need to know by the end of next week.

(and yes, the HD channels are back in the 1-5 slots in the all-IP update .. and accurate recording on IP channels has finally been implemented and is working well).

Message 9 of 378

@DarrenDevwrote:

...If you want to record on one box and watch on another, then I don't see that happening any time soon (if ever)....

That will be mentioned because it was talked about on various fora when the new box was first officially known to be coming. The rumour at the time was that functionality would be included, just like the Sky Q set up. 

Whilst the Sky Q mini is an underpowered unit that is only capable of HD, being able to watch recordings in another room is literally the best thing about it and the only feature we actually use. 

As Sky are finding to their cost with Glass, proper recording and flexible access to the content is very much still in demand from many customers. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 378

Unfortunately the industry is moving more towards catch up services - providers would rather you watched their content on their catch-up service rather than via recordings, so they won't grant permission for re-broadcast of their programmes (which is what watching recordings from a different device is classed as).

It is only my personal opinion (I don't have any insight into this on the product roadmap) but I really don't think it'll ever happen.