Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 74

New homepage on BT TV

Hi Everyone,

Overnight tonight, we begin rolling out a software update to our BT TV customers.  We will be deploying the update in a staggered process starting with 10% of our TV boxes and increasing the roll out through the rest of the month.

The new update will be focusing on the BT TV homepage.  Below is a sneak peek and what you can expect,

This image is of the new homepage,

Homepage Final.png

And the image below illustrates improvement we have made to show customers what App are available on BT TV

Homepage Apps Focus.png

Don't worry if you don't get the update straight away, we hope to have the new homepage rolled out to all customers by the end of May 😁

Software update details;

CDS: H32.53.0

Component Software: 3.7.76

Platform Config:  4779

Cheers

Sean

73 REPLIES 73
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 74

Re: New homepage on BT TV

in its present guise It is surprising that the Prime vIdeo and Britbox apps are not in a more prominent   position on the list of Featured Apps. They require significant scrolling/navigation to the right and are not visible when the home screen is first loaded.

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 74

Only one scroll downward to show all the apps.  Or even quicker just press Ok.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 74

My comment was about the lack of prominence and initial visibility of two of the apps that BT TV encourage subscriptions to namely Prime video and Britbox.

@Gomez   surely simply pressing Ok gives you the guide as opening the home page positions you on the Guide carousel .

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 5 of 74

@SeanD 

This update seems to be causing a certain amount of dissatisfaction for users of the non-BT Youview units who were the first to suffer this update and I for one have instigated blocking so as not to get it.

I only use my box to record & play recordings as I suspect a significant proportion of Youview box users also do and this change makes it even more cumbersome to get to ones recordings.

However, I've just bought a Plusnet remote with the "MyView" button instead of the "BT Player" button & this remote takes me directly to my recordings from wherever I am in the menu structure. Works very well for me as I've never used BT Player.

0 Ratings
Smudger06
Beginner
Message 6 of 74

I too mainly use my box to record & playback recordings and as per other user comments this update has made the use of the system more cumbersome to access recordings. You have to scroll down numerous menus in order to reach the recordings menu,

it would be useful if the recordings sub-menu had been listed as the first one or you had the option to put the sub-menu’s in the order you’d prefer. Come on BT, customers are not averse to change but at least make them user friendly.

Is there any way of reverting the homepage back to the previous format?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 74

There hasn't been a change to scroll numerous times as far as I can see, now you have to scroll down twice instead of across twice

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 74

Sorry @SeanD , you'll have to mark me down as a discontent.

To fully appreciate my moan, try opening the Prime Video app on the T4000 box. I find that this app is off screen when I go to the home page so I have to scroll right to get to it, the problem with that being that I have to keep scrolling right until the tile for the Prime Video app is displayed and then scroll left again to select it.

Clearly there is a disconnect between the scroll rate of the on-screen selector (meaning the white outline around the selected tile) and the rate at which the tiles actually scroll across the screen.

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 74

@Les-Gibson why don’t you just press ok on the featured apps ‘apps’ button and navigate to prime that way.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 10 of 74

My biggest comment on this change is 'Why?'

It looks like a classic piece of 'Wasn't broke so we went and fixed it'  tinkering.  Please don't

And the result is a visual mess because if you scroll down the screen it irritatingly fills with thumbnails (as below) whereas before we only saw the thumbnails for the category of viewing (Live, recorded etc) we were actually interested in.  

WIN_20210519_19_14_40_Pro (2).jpg

Is this a disaster?  No but neither is it an improvement and all round lowers confidence in the product and brand which is a shame because for some while now it's actually been very good .