Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 47

Re: New homepage on BT TV

@gomezz 

Actually the Plusnet remote does have a MyView button in place of the BTPlayer button and works very well taking you straight to your recordings.

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 32 of 47

I see it's getting similar negative feedback over at the YouView forum 

They won't easily change it back though will they.  YouView response to negative feedback has tended to be just dig the hole deeper.  At least this time they don't seem to have deleted any essential functionality. 

Interesting point raised there though is whether this poor home screen was initiated by YouView or by their funding source BT.  If the latter then they really need to look back and remember that the last time they tinkered with something that wasn't broken, it signalled the still continuing long term decline in YouView box usage that had been previously been increasing.  

https://www.barb.co.uk/trendspotting/tracker-uk-households-by-tv-platform/

I can't see this confusing screen on a limited function box grabbing the under 30s market and every risk it will lose them existing users.

If I was head of BT I'd take one look at those figures and abandon YouView and stick with the other outlets for their content.   Not the result I or likely anyone here wants but do they listen?  Will they listen?  Well I can hope.

Please BT tell YouView to revert back to the previous home screen 

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 47

@SeanD 

Sean , you hopefully will have noticed the , mainly , negative feedback here and on the Youview forum to this change.

I questioned on the Youview forum who instigated this change because whoever it was got it wrong. To my mind nobody had the right to change the format on retail boxes as they were bought as was at the time and they have no subscriptions or loyalty to BT , TalkTalk , Plusnet or anyone else. Subscription boxes , well maybe there's some justification but not retail.

Despite all the negative feedback I haven't seen a single response from BT or Youview which is quite rude really and damaging to the way the product is viewed.

I've suggested that there could be a setting to disable the Home screen unless you press the Home button , otherwise you just go to live TV. That would make startup quicker as there's no need to fill all the thumbnails at that point.

My view is that it's likely that the majority of users use the box to set & view recordings and for catchup via the guide so that's where changes should be made to facilitate that functionality.

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 47

@TimCurtiswrote:

@SeanD 

Sean , you hopefully will have noticed the , mainly , negative feedback here and on the Youview forum to this change.

I questioned on the Youview forum who instigated this change because whoever it was got it wrong. To my mind nobody had the right to change the format on retail boxes as they were bought as was at the time and they have no subscriptions or loyalty to BT , TalkTalk , Plusnet or anyone else. Subscription boxes , well maybe there's some justification but not retail.

Despite all the negative feedback I haven't seen a single response from BT or Youview which is quite rude really and damaging to the way the product is viewed.

I've suggested that there could be a setting to disable the Home screen unless you press the Home button , otherwise you just go to live TV. That would make startup quicker as there's no need to fill all the thumbnails at that point.

My view is that it's likely that the majority of users use the box to set & view recordings and for catchup via the guide so that's where changes should be made to facilitate that functionality.

@SeanD 

I would just like to add to that by:-

• Repeating my earlier suggestion that the user should be offered themes so that they can choose the appearance which best pleases them.
  • Suggesting an intelligent menu system which prioritizes the apps the user actually uses, try shoving the others down the users throat as much as you like, all you'll do is generate ire and annoyance and hence lose customers.
♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
JMB
Expert
Message 35 of 47

As I posted earlier I had to do series of Factory Resets (not related to the new homepage). It meant I had to sit through the video clip of the Rayon character several times.  I can't stand him and usually switch off he appears.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 36 of 47

Do BT actually reach out to their customers before making these ill-advised changes?

This along with the channel changes make it really difficult to carry on paying for a service which is on a downward trajectory.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 47

@SeanD 

Well we're into another month now & the negative postings keep coming and still not a word from Youview or BT staff to perhaps try and counter the negative feelings being expressed.

0 Ratings
ribbytop
Beginner
Message 38 of 47

I stopped paying about 3 years ago when I realized I had not actually watched any of the channels I was paying for at £11pm. The Youview box works fine so I can still record etc.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 39 of 47

@TimCurtiswrote:

@SeanD 

Well we're into another month now & the negative postings keep coming and still not a word from Youview or BT staff to perhaps try and counter the negative feelings being expressed.

You have to wonder whether they ever think of asking their beta testers 'does this work like you would like to see it work?'    I rather suspect they just ask 'does this work like our designers have decided you have to accept they want it to work?'

WSH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 47

Yes, a truly awful upgrade.  Slow and cumbersome.  Seems to be intended to look flash first and be functional second.

0 Ratings