Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 51 of 74

Re: New homepage on BT TV

@DarrenDevwrote:
Beta testing is used both for testing functional changes, and user experience changes - and there are many hundreds of beta testers used for trials like this. The new menu was sent to beta testers long before it went live - I received it in March, and I know I wasn't in the first group. My feedback on it was that I liked the concept, but without any individualisation (i.e. customising the carousels based on the channels you watch, or the apps you use) it wasn't really of any benefit. I also don't like that the most recent recordings are at the beginning of the MyTV list, even when part of a series - so if I want to get to the "next" episode of a series (based on where I'm currently watching) I have to scroll along that carousel to find the correct one. I would have preferred it launched me into the series list to select the correct episode rather than accidentally play a newer episode and screw up my currently watching list. Also, my experience was based on using the new BT TV Box Pro, which is much faster - trying to use it on the G4 is painfully slow at times (the G5 is OK).

This is feedback that I raised, and I'm sure many others on the trials have raised it too ... which means that there will be tickets open for further investigation/fixes/improvements. The G4 is our most used box by far, so your voices aren't being ignored.

Thanks for that insight into the process, i stand corrected.  I'm amazed that they asked for views on the concept and still rolled it out.  It hasn't exactly got great feedback over at the YouView forum either.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 52 of 74

How many people would search for and join an online forum to say they like something?
Most posts on these forums are about people asking for help or expressing dissatisfaction, so they're not a good indicator of general opinion.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 74

Well here is a current scenario - it is about 19:45 I use Home page to see what is on and yes it will identify that here is live coverage of Netherlands v Austria  available to watch . Now on the T4000 box the best quality coverage would be on BBC Iplayer  BBC UHD stream.  Does the Home page suggest or give me  that option  - I don't think so . If i opt to do search then again the BBC Iplayer  UHD live stream is not given as one of the returned options from using Search.

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 54 of 74

I still can't believe the channels listed next to the guide tile are the SD versions. They make them useless in my opinion. Why aren't they HD?

I also can't stand the summary popout whilst scrolling in the guide. It's next to useless.

I generally like the layout of the new homepage though. It does the job as far as I'm concerned.

jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 74

I have no issues or problems with the new homepage and know others that have issues or problems too. As mentioned people always use forums to complain not to compliment.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 56 of 74

Like @jparnell82 says the mini guide in the home screen has been rubbish for a while now as it still seems to list the SD channels and not the HD versions of the main channels channels.

One improvement is that the mini guide no longer seems to list channels that you are not subscribed too.

Overall I do like the new home page.

The BT TV app could do with being improved for the live channels on the app seen to list some channels that my Youview box dont get. like the local Mux.

The old Youview app only listed the channels that the box could pick up.

Darren

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 57 of 74

@DarrenDevwrote:
How many people would search for and join an online forum to say they like something?
Most posts on these forums are about people asking for help or expressing dissatisfaction, so they're not a good indicator of general opinion.

Darren.

Out of 56 posts there is only one new forum member so your first comment is simply wrong

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 58 of 74

You've clearly misunderstood my comment then @Les-Gibson ?
I'm saying people who like the service aren't going to search out these forums to then post to say how much they like the service. Thus people who post on forums are generally only those who DON'T like something, or want to complain. So the fact that all the posts are negative doesn't prove anything - for every negative post here, there could be a thousand positive user experiences that aren't being voiced.
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 74

I agree with @DarrenDev
0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 74

@DarrenDev 

On the contrary Darren , you misunderstand my point which is that in saying

"How many people would search for and join an online forum to say they like something?"

you have made an incorrect sweeping generalisation that everyone who has posted on this thread had to first seek the forum out to do so. In fact there is only on new poster, all others are established form members

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings