cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 61 of 74

Re: New homepage on BT TV

Of course the parallel question is 'how many companies would set up forums for feedback and seemingly always ignore it?'

Just saying

hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 74

Cancelled my TV service with BT and this new homepage was one of the contributting factors.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 63 of 74

@Stevek1311 wrote:

Of course the parallel question is 'how many companies would set up forums for feedback and seemingly always ignore it?'

Just saying

Feedback is never ignored - don't mistake not getting your own way for being ignored. Everything is done for a reason (and usually takes a lot of business justification and approvals to get the budget to do it). I've worked on many products/devices/features/updates in my 25 years in BT that haven't been released (or have been changed) as a result of poor feedback from customer trials.

0 Ratings
hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 74

Seems to be the opposite that BT have spent money on an update which is not well received by customers, but will carry on down that path because of cost of reverting.
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 65 of 74

BT didn't develop this update - YouView did. It was live on non-BT boxes long before it was rolled out across BT customers. I would expect other YouView box suppliers to also be showing the update - if not now, then soon.
0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 66 of 74

@DarrenDevwrote:
BT didn't develop this update - YouView did. It was live on non-BT boxes long before it was rolled out across BT customers. I would expect other YouView box suppliers to also be showing the update - if not now, then soon.

That's understood Darren but when a paying customer speaks then the supplier should listen.

BT customers are speaking and BT in turn are Youview customers, so  what representations do BT make to Youview when a product proves unpopular with BT customers? and what (if any) action does BT take if the YouViews response is unsatisfactory

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 67 of 74

So you're saying the opinions here matter more than everyone else's @Les-Gibson? What if the other 99% of users (not registered on these forums) love the new menu?
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 68 of 74

@DarrenDevwrote:

But it is BT that is paying the YouView tab so it is hardly likely YouView would roll out any update without BT's OK or sight of the beta feedback.

And it's far from me trying to get my view accepted , just look at the feedback here and over at the YouView forum. 

While this isn't the delete key functions disaster from a few years back but it gives no confidence that same couldn't happen again.  And one thing both BT and the current user base both need:  a growing user base through user recommendations.   They'd actually got to the point where I was doing that and what did they do?  This step back to 20th century menu style mess.

Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 69 of 74

now who's making assumptions @DarrenDev , you are aware that it is generally accepted that the British public don't complain enough? they tend to tolerate things they don't like just to keep the peace.  

P.S. @DarrenDev , you didn't answer my question, any reason for that?

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
Fidge
Beginner
Message 70 of 74

Why has BT TV interface been changed? It's gone from perfectly usable and intuitive to slow clunky uneasy to view and find what I'm looking for. Also the voice control doesn't work at all after succeffukt setting up and pairing with alexa what's the deal there also?

One other issue I am now having I since the update is watching old aspect programs in 4:3 the box now seems to auto change settings whenever this type of programme is displayed i.e old Simpsons recordings, the change makes the screen even narrower and not as intended. 

0 Ratings