cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rokk
Beginner
Message 71 of 74

Re: New homepage on BT TV

Hi - came to the forums to ask if there was a way to change the various chosen channels on the new homepage (brand new BT TV customer - one day old lol) having scoured the web (I'm a tinkerer!) and saw your post here saying that you are being told that this may be happening in the near future. For me I just want to replace the initial TV channels to HD (I've hidden everything in the guide except for HD). Couldn't care less about apps as I'll use one of the higher quality boxes I have for those in any case. Sounds like this is coming - or have I misread?

zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 72 of 74

Hi @Rokk  welcome to the community forum. Currently  you  cannot change the channels that are featured on the home page. I think as it stands you get BBC  choice of channel , ITV choice of channel, C4 choice of channel , C5 choice of channel , BT choice of channel  , and then the next five channels are based upon their prominence in the EPG guide. BBC , ITV , C4 and C5  appear to always select their SD main PSB channels content , BT will elect to display different channel  content  in its single slot and the HD variant of the channel where appropriate. The concept of allowing customers to select their own  favourite channels has not been adopted by Youview and BT.

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 73 of 74

I don't understand why they don't elect to show the HD variant of the channels though.
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 74 of 74

I noticed yesterday evening that the home page BBC 1 information on the Guide carousel differed from the full  Guide data. BBC were clearly changing schedules for their Wimbledon coverage but it seemed that the  full Guide-and the Home page  Guide carousel data was different whereas I would have expected them to be pulling the data from the same source. Is the home page perhaps getting its updates less frequently than the Guide and can this be improved ?

0 Ratings