Distinguished Guru
Message 71 of 195

Re: New software release

There are good and very very valid reasons for this. 😉

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 72 of 195

It may have been signed off for retail but there are also many complaints about failed recordings (especially when watching catch up content when a recording is due to start) so I am happy not to get 17.x BUT I would like to think this might have been fixed in the new version that is in test and we are hopefully getting close to its release 🙂 

I admit I don't quite understand why the new 2100 boxes seem to be oblivious to this fault though and as such HAVE been updated to 17.x

zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 195

@stuartrogerson wrote:
There are good and very very valid reasons for this. 😉

so what are they, do tell.....because i for one am getting tired of your 'ivory tower - i have seen but cannot tell' smugness.....either tell us more or keep quiet....

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 195

Please keep it friendly guys.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 75 of 195

I would guess these guys are on trials and as such held by NDA's so cannot actually tell other than hint.

Is it better to hint at something to give people an idea or just better to keep quiet and say nothing at all. I think you will find different answers from different people.

All we can hope is the software is released soon and we can all be happy. A while ago it was hinted we are all back on the same software branch but then issues were found and the BT H3 boxes were held back from the update (at least YouView have some pretty videos so we can all see what we are missing regarding the accessibility updates).

It could also be a blessing for us going by the amount of complaints about failed recordings on the YouView forum but again I get frustrated that we are so far behind and no clue as to when or what we are going to get.

rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 76 of 195

I have posted this on another thread but it seems to be relevant to this discussion.

I upgraded to a new G4 box this week, it set up fine and almost inmmediately updated it's software to v17.3.

I now have the following problems :-

After a few hours of operation the 'red button' facility to access digital teletext fails, the only way to get it back is to power down the box and restart it.

When recording an internet channel the following happens , the red light appears on the front panel as expected, if I look in the recordings menu under 'Myview' there is no indication that the recording is taking place. If I then look on the EPG, the program I am trying to record has a red 'R' against it as normal. Once the recoring ends then the program appears in the Recording list as a failed recording.

Could someone confirm if these problems are being addressed please as I currently have a box which cannot record internet channels, I am back in the situation we had when the internet channels were first introduced and had to wait months for the recording facility to be added.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 77 of 195

Yes, of course it being addressed.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 195

@stuartrogerson wrote:
Yes, of course it being addressed.

Sorry, are you talking as an employee of BT or Youview or are you just an end user like the rest of us? in which case why does your confident 'of course' not reassure me particularly?

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 79 of 195

My personal estimate of when Version 19.x wil be rolled out to both H3 & G4 is week 1 or week 2 of April
Community ModeratorSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 80 of 195

So what improvements are in it Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings