cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 195

Re: New software release

Thanks for the update and the confirmation that a possible cure is not too far away.

I would question however why 17.3 software is still being distributed when it has obviously detrimental effects on the functionality of the box - the only improvements that 17.3 seems to offer are the ability to switch off the small tv picture when in the EPG and a high contrast text option. Both of these are desireable of course but not when it comes at the cost of diminishing the basic operation of the box.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 82 of 195

So as I said rubble it is being worked on. 🙂

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
tullyhubbert
Aspiring Expert
Message 83 of 195

@rubble2 wrote:

I upgraded to a new G4 box this week, it set up fine and almost inmmediately updated it's software to v17.3.

I now have the following problems :-

After a few hours of operation the 'red button' facility to access digital teletext fails, the only way to get it back is to power down the box and restart it.

When recording an internet channel the following happens , the red light appears on the front panel as expected, if I look in the recordings menu under 'Myview' there is no indication that the recording is taking place. If I then look on the EPG, the program I am trying to record has a red 'R' against it as normal. Once the recoring ends then the program appears in the Recording list as a failed recording.

Could someone confirm if these problems are being addressed please as I currently have a box which cannot record internet channels, I am back in the situation we had when the internet channels were first introduced and had to wait months for the recording facility to be added.

I too have a G4 running 17.3.

Can't comment on the red button problems as I never use it but I have no issues recording the internet channels. Recorded some BT Sport, Eurosport & Gold channels as a test today just to confirm that.

If 17.3 was the cause of the problems would we not all suffer the same issues, or do different installation methods / locations etc have a bearing perhaps?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 84 of 195

@Steve_M wrote:
My personal estimate of when Version 19.x wil be rolled out to both H3 & G4 is week 1 or week 2 of April

It now appears the Youview have released version 18.3.0 for the Humax retail boxes

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/automatic_software_update_march_2014

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 85 of 195

Not much exciting in it (although it might possibly include a recording fix). WE WANT 19.x with some extra features and everything already released with everything working....that isn't too much to ask...is it Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 195

@scointer wrote:

Not much exciting in it (although it might possibly include a recording fix). WE WANT 19.x with some extra features and everything already released with everything working....that isn't too much to ask...is it Smiley Very Happy

Is there a list of what is in 19.x?

Ta

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 87 of 195

Will it contain a fix to show the recording light on the G4 box even when it is in standby mode....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 88 of 195

Any news on a possible release date for the new software.  The retail boxes are now on 18.x which appears to solve many of the recording issues, surely we must either push 19.x soon or release 18.x immediately, otherwise the BT customer experience is lacking behind the retail...

0 Ratings
Chadwick45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 195

18.0.3 is now available, my BT Humax box has updated, now showing

Manufacture software 18.3.0
Component software. 2.5.6
Platform config. 1017
ISP config. 92
0 Ratings
jparnell82