cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 195

New software release

Has anyone received the accessibility update yet and if so what software number are we now at (is it actually rolling out yet or was that a pre-emptive strike).

Does it include the Scart output fix rolled out in the latest retail software (guessing there is nothing new above what is in the retail release by the low key announcement - I was kind of hoping due to the length of time between the retail release and BT's we might get a couple of extra fixes - IP surround sound, REC light).

Any mods care to give us a few more details...

0 Ratings
194 REPLIES 194
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 195

Re: New software release

My box reported a software update but it turned out that it was just a change to the ISP profile .... it changed from 90 to 95 and now has changed back from 95 to 90 again.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 195

My Box updated overnight to FR9 which shows as 17.3.0

I believe they role it out to a set limit each day based on a first come-first served basis. You could be sneaky and try a manual software update check every so often 😉

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 195

Steve -- that is good news as it means that the BT & retail boxes are back on the same software build.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 195

@zulu17 wrote:

Steve -- that is good news as it means that the BT & retail boxes are back on the same software build.

Indeed, nobody enjoys code branching!

PS, your ISP update was casued by an incident but the contents of the files should be the same.

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 195

In the youview community discussion on this build (17.3.0) one of their official reps did add that in addition to the accessibility changes

In this release the viewer can now see the YouView menu and the guide through SCART and composite outputs when a HDMI cable is also connected and the remaining fixes focus on improving the general running of the box.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 195

Thanks Steve. I got the 95 to 90 ISP change but unfortunately not the the new software, will keep trying now and again lol I am impatient. ….

Great news to see we are back on the same release, now we just need to know what's in the roadmap for feature release 10 Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 8 of 195

get a couple of extra fixes - IP surround sound, REC light.

Now, THAT would be good .....

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 195

I have FR10 on my G4 but haven't read the release notes yet 🙂
BT TV expertSteveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 195

Cheers Steve way to tease us all Smiley Sad but if you can't tell the new features without having to read about them it doesn't sound too exciting

Lol will have to try my other sources on Monday Smiley Frustrated...looking forward to march Smiley Wink

0 Ratings