Re: New software release

Sony Bravia

0 Ratings
ubysam
Contributor
Message 63 of 195

I had a feeling it was.

first of all make sure hdmi control is turned off from within the tv menu (not sure where you find it) if you let me knoe the exaCt model i'll be ble to look it up - it probably a KDL XX D/S/V/W XXXX

Then the important bit - make sure the tv is switched on before you turn to youview box on (either from standby or off - whichever your normal routine is) you should find the yvm error and other issues stop.

as a test try this before doing the above

physically switch the youview box off aftern tuning into a hd channel or better yet if you have sport tune into 507

turn tv off (button on top?)

then.

power the youview box back up and let it power all the way up unitil you see "INTERNET CH.." On the little display

then turn the tv on wait for the picture to appear and count to 20.

if my theory is correct the screen will go blank and you'll get yvm607 error.

if so following the info in bold should sort it

hth

mikegledholt
Contributor
Message 64 of 195

Thanks for the very useful info. I think I may already have sorted it.

I switched the Hub & YV box off and waited 10 seconds, then I started the Hub and let it completely load up. Once this was done I then started the YV box and all seems to be well. I haven't had the error message for 2 nights now & I've really made it work hard. 

Thanks to everyone for all your helpful suggestions. I'll let you know if the problem re-occurs.

Mike

0 Ratings
mikegledholt
Contributor
Message 65 of 195

Hi hth, I spoke too soon. Last night I had the YVM607 error problem back. This morning I followed your test and sure enough it went blank after 20 seconds. I then followed your instructions, turned off HDMI etc. I'm afraid the problem is still there! I have an engineer coming on Tuesday so I'll leave it to him (or her!). Thanks again for your help. Mike
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 66 of 195

Continued problems here, rang the helpdesk and a new box (our 4th one) is on it's way

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
mikegledholt
Contributor
Message 67 of 195

An engineer has just been and sorted the YVM607 error problem. it's basically a licensing issue and my Sony tv conflicts with youview and wrongly senses illegal viewing and then shuts off. The way around it for now is to use scart instead of HDMI. He has taken the details of tv and requested a software fix but this may take some weeks. Apparently this is a common problem especially with smart tv's. Mine isn't a smart tv and will therefore be easier to fix. Thanks to everyone for all your ideas. Mike
0 Ratings
Buckie
Message 68 of 195

Is all software up-dates out now, as my humax box is reporting a software version of 15.14 ?

I ask as I've not the new menu items listed !

thanks

scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 69 of 195

No the old H3 box is still at 15.4, we are hopefully expecting it to be updated to 19.x sometime this month but that depends on how the testing goes. 15.4 does not include the accessibilty updates but 19.x should (and hopefully some other bits).

I would love to ask Steve how the testing is going and if we are getting close to a release and also what new additions are in 19.x (FR10) but unfortunately I am pretty sure we won't be privvy to that info 😞 😞 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 70 of 195

The mystery is why the G4 boxes have continued to have been updated to 17.3.0 wheares  the the original DTR-T1000 BT version has only been issued with the 15.4.0.  Given that the retail DTR-T1000 have already been issued with 17.3.0 software that (17.3.0) software has clearly been signed off as fit for release by Youview for that hardware since January.

0 Ratings