cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 21

New software with Amazon Prime released - T4000 boxes out of luck :-(

Thought I would let everyone know as BT seem pretty slow to do so (31.24 now out but the T4000 boxes will miss out on Amazon Prime and become second rate customers).

BT SOFTWARE UPDATE 31.24.0

This update brings the new player, Amazon Prime Video to BT T2100 & T2200 devices and bug fixes.

T4000 devices will receive the bug updates but Amazon Prime Video will launch in the (not so) near future.

Amazon Prime Video offers thousands of popular movies and TV shows on demand. Users can also buy/rent content and access subscription streaming services.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-release-31-24-0?q=31.24

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Guru
Message 2 of 21

Re: New software with Amazon Prime released - T4000 boxes out of luck :-(

From the help pages

Amazon Prime Video App on BT TV

Amazon and BT have partnered together to bring you the best TV, Film and Entertainment streaming service available on BT TV.

Subscribing to Amazon Prime Video gives you access to exclusive Amazon content via your TV box, as well as on thousands of eligible devices such as smartphones, tablets and computers.

How do I get it?
  • We're making Amazon available gradually to all of our BT TV customers from mid-June 2018 onwards
  • Youview+ Ultra HD boxes will get it later in the summer
  • Sorry, but customers with an older YouView+ BT TV box won't have access to the Amazon Prime Video Player. If you want access, you can contact us and ask for an upgrade to our current YouView+ BT TV box
How much does it cost?
  • Amazon offer different subscription plans. For the latest pricing and plan information, visit www.amazon.co.uk >
  • If you're a new customer signing up for the first time, Amazon Prime Video offers a free months' trial. You simply sign up as normal through Amazon, and you won't be billed for your first month. You can then either cancel before the end of the first month, or do nothing to continue and be charged for membership starting from the following month. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk >
  • You pay for Amazon Prime Video subscription through Amazon. You'll be charged on the credit or debit card that's associated with your Amazon account
Setting up and using Amazon Prime Video on BT TV

You'll need to either sign in or sign up to Amazon Prime, or Prime Video, to be able to watch or purchase content via the app on your BT TV box.

• If you have an existing Amazon account, simply select Sign in on Amazon Prime Video Player on your BT TV box and enter your login details
  • If you don't have an Amazon account, you can sign-up directly at www.amazon.co.uk >

Screen showing the sign in or sign on options within the BT Player

The Amazon Prime Video App can be found in the 'Players & Apps' section of the BT TV menu. Just press the blue Home button on your remote (or Youview button if you have an old remote) to get started.

Screen showing where the Amazon Prime Video app is within the BT Player

The home screen of the Amazon Prime Video App

Will parental control settings on BT TV work on the Amazon Prime Video App?

I have an extra BT TV box - can I watch Amazon Prime Video on both boxes?

Can Amazon Prime Video be streamed in HD or UHD?

Does watching Amazon Prime Video affect broadband usage allowance?

Managing your Amazon account
  • To change your Amazon plan, just log into your Amazon account at www.amazon.co.uk > to see your options
  • To cancel your Amazon Prime Video account, login to www.amazon.co.uk >. There are no cancellation fees, but no refund will be given for any partial months you've already paid for. You'll still have access to the service until the end of the paid for period
  • To change your Amazon Prime Video email address, simply go to the 'Your Account' section at www.amazon.co.uk >
  • If you move home, there'll be no break in your Amazon Prime Video service. You can still access it on any Amazon Prime Video compatible device

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 21

Uhd boxes will get it later in the summer, which means months away. Very poor service to its top tier subscribers.

Niko1
Contributor
Message 4 of 21

What's the difference between machines? Are they waiting for a 4k prime app?
0 Ratings
Niko1
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Zer0 new features. Disappointed.
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 21

I'm surprised that it matters to most T4000 customers. Surely the reason for having an Ultra box , mainly, is because you have a 4K TV & surely most smart TVs have Netflix & Amazon apps already.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

I suppose it’s more the fact that these customers (4K) are likely to be paying the most per month to BT and thus are going to feel hard done by for not having the latest features in our boxes. I hoped when we moved from BT Vision over to Youview the two tier TV system would be gone. I understand why the 1st gen boxes can’t/won’t be upgraded but the UHD boxe is the flagship box. I just don’t see why BT rush it to market When they can’t offer it to all their ‘current hardware’. I couldn’t see Sky offering say Netflix to their SkyHD customers but not the guys with Q.
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 21

Its good that Amazon Prime app is coming for anyone that has Amazon Prime or wants go get Amazon Prime. I dont have UHD box or a UHD(4k) TV and dont plan on getting a UHD(4K) TV for at lest another year or so but you would think that the Amazon prime app would have also come to the BT T4000 UHD(4K) boxers at the some time as the other BT bo

I dont as yet have Amazon Prime as I so far been happy with using Netflix as well as having BT TV.

Darren

Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

@benwiddowsonwrote:
I suppose it’s more the fact that these customers (4K) are likely to be paying the most per month to BT and thus are going to feel hard done by for not having the latest features in our boxes.

No. UHD is provided by BT at no extra cost. £15 a month is the top tier package which includes HD and UHD. The BBC iPlayer is providing and testing it for no extra at all.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Key,

I wasn’t purely commenting on TV. My gut feeling tells me BT UHD customers are probably paying more in general a month across their entire BT package. I can’t ovbiously back this up with any facts at all unless somewhere in BT figures they hide the avaerage monthly contribution from each subscriber based on their tv package but I very much doubt that.

It just frustrating that again a product that BT released (with the help of amazon ovbiously) has created a two tier tv system and differences between boxes. I could understand it if a box had been missed because of processing power etc but this is their top box. If BT had waited a few months and to allow them to release it across the entire platform they’d of probably saved themselves some complaints. I just couldn’t imagine Apple say releasing iOS 12 on a three year old iPhone before the flagship iPhone X.
0 Ratings