Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: New standard Bt vision box v Youview box

@umpire wrote:
The 1st generation BT Youview box will not support the current Sky Sports 1&2 and ESPN channels delivered via Feeview. As far as I'm aware the Humax box has no viewing card slot. You have to use the standard BT Vision box and a viewing card to get those.

In the future things may change and the sports channels may be provided by BT via IPTV rather than Freeview. We will just have to wait and see.

Actually, no we won't. BT stated back in 2011 they wanted to broadcast channels such as Sky Sports in HD, but on the DTT platform it was just too expensive. So they wanted to Multicast them -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/30/bt_to_embrace_iptv_during_broadband_network_upgrade/

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

May be this may be sooner than, than later, as I understand that BT Vision will now allow sky sports to subscribers that are on BT infinity. 

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

@davedrizen wrote:

May be this may be sooner than, than later, as I understand that BT Vision will now allow sky sports to subscribers that are on BT infinity. 

Not quite, you can get Sky Sports if you are on a BT Infinity enabled exchange. That is a bit different.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

True, but the objective must be the same, the present service is delivered by freeview via your Tv  Antenna, so why only restrict to subscribers on infinity networks?

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 15

@davedrizen wrote:

True, but the objective must be the same, the present service is delivered by freeview via your Tv  Antenna, so why only restrict to subscribers on infinity networks?

Because the present DTT Sky Sports service is not expected to continue past Sept 2013. It will be made available via Multicast fiber broadband. Though it is a possibility an SD version may also be made available to ADSL users. But that is just a guess on my part. 

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings