Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KennyRoss
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

New to BT TV -unable to access non-Freeview HD channels

Dear all,

I stumbled across this form as I'm a new subscriber to BT TV (10 days ago)....in fact, as I own a listed house I have the whole caboodle, VIP BT TV, broadband, phone. 

It was installed by Openreach, and the engineer was a disgrace. Came in, said he had to leave in 10  mins for the doctor, set up broadband, explained nothing and ran out the door. I'm making a complaint to BT directly about this. 

Anyway, ever since it's been installed I have real problems trying to watch any HD channels which are non-Freeview. they work for 20 seconds, then freeze. I believe it's the common IPC6023 message. 

Today, I can't get any non-Freeview channels at all, and have a IPC6011 message. 

It's very frustrating, since this is costing over £100 per month. 

I've tested the broadband speed, and there's no problems there. Done a few re-boots, nothing. 

I realise that there are million questions out there where people have the same issues. Is this something where a phone call to BT will be any use ? Or is it my responsibility to go through all kinds of checks to try and get things working ?

Many thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8

Re: New to BT TV -unable to access non-Freeview HD channels

What hub are you using and how is it connected to your Youview box

0 Ratings
KennyRoss
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi V,

It's a smart hub 2 and the YouView box is connected via a mini connector. The box can't connect directly to the ethernet cable, it's just too far away. 

I've went through the trick of re-booting both the hub and the box, and then it actually worked. 2 hours later and I've lost all subscription channels again. 

I'm going to call the helpdesk tomorrow to see what they say. 

0 Ratings
jilly3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

You should definitely call and get someone out to fix it if its only 10 days, you can cancel everything within the first 14 days, so i am sure they will help you out.

No point spending weeks trying to fix an installation problem on a forum, let them sort it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

I reckon there's a better than evens chance that the mini connectors are the cause of the problem. I suggest you find some way of temporarily moving the hub and TV box closer together so you can see what it's like when using an Ethernet cable

0 Ratings
KennyRoss
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

OK cheers. I'll try.

If they are the problem, is there a solution ?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

I believe BT will replace them but you'll have to confirm that with them

KennyRoss
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thanks V for taking the time to reply.