cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TorquayMarc
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

New to BT TV

Hi all, I had FullFibre900 fitted yesterday, and today the BT TV was activated.

I have the latest 4K box, and full subscription with Netflix and Prime to.

I am pleasantly surprised.

The picture quality is better than my SkyQ box on 4k on the TV channels, and Netflix has never looked so good.

HDR seems to be missing, but to be honest so far I haven't noticed.

My DolbyAtmos 5.1 system says there is no signal, so I had turn off Atmos, but it still gets a 5.1 signal, so I assume the BT box doesn't broadcast in Atmos?

I have a few bugbares:

The remote control feels so cheap, I don't suppose there is a premium version I can purchase?

The channel line-up is really messy.  I haven't explored much, but can the channel order be moved around? 

Can the blue bar on the front of the box be switched off?

Youtube doesn't appear to be on the box?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: New to BT TV

YouTube isn't available on Youview, the box doesn't support HDR or Atmos and the only music channels are the ones on Freeview. 

BT Sport Ultimate delivers 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos on the App only and if you have a compatible device... 

DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 14

Atmos is available from the BT TV 4K box, but only on BT Sport Ultimate during Atmos-enabled events.
There are no alternative remote controls available.
The channel lineup is controlled by Freeview. You can edit the channel list to hide channels you're not interested in, but you cannot re-order them.
The blue light on the front of the box can't be controlled. I've stuck black insulation tape over the box I have in the bedroom to cover all the lights.
0 Ratings
Paul608085
Expert
Message 4 of 14

@TorquayMarc 

Regarding the remote control, you could try a universal remote. My particular OneForAll is no longer available new, but their current range look to cover YouView still. ISTR that YouView remotes have used the same set of codes since the first generation of boxes launched, and possibly the same as BT Vision boxes before that?

FYI, on the OneForAll website, YouView comes under "Satellite"

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 14

I use a Harmony universal remote control.
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 6 of 14

The EPG is all over the place due to the first half being subjected to the normal Freeview channel numbers and then the second the channels delivered by multicast. You unfortunately can’t move the order but you can hide channels by pressing the yellow button. 

gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 14

Using the Favourites feature of my Harmony remote control I have set a number of key shortcuts to take me to the various sections of the EPG such as 101 for the main Freeview HD channels, one for BT Sport, one for Sky Sport, one for the radio channels etc.
TorquayMarc
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Thanks for the replies all.

I have gone through the EPG and removed the channels nobody watches, that has helped a lot, especially as you can specify HD channels only. 

I've got a cupboard next to the TV with cloudy glass doors, I have hidden the box away in there so the blue light isn't an issue any more.

What I have noticed, and this was before I put the box in the cupboard... which has an open back for air flow... the fan an the box is so loud!

Is this normal?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 9 of 14

Probably because the fan noise is being amplified by the cabinet. Also, the restricted airflow would cause the fan to work harder to keep the chipset cool

0 Ratings
TorquayMarc
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

It was doing this before I put it in the cabinet.

0 Ratings